What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

26 minutes ago, ATM said:

Thanks

My mate had some AC guy come to his house recommended on the internet but this was in the Midlands.  So not sure who to use myself.  As I'm lazy I could have a few cars looked at if I can find someone good to come to Me.

why not google "mobile aircon regas" ?

31 minutes ago, ATM said:

Thanks

My mate had some AC guy come to his house recommended on the internet but this was in the Midlands.  So not sure who to use myself.  As I'm lazy I could have a few cars looked at if I can find someone good to come to Me.

Regas by Kwik fit at £64.95 booked online the day before 

3 hours ago, Patt said:

why not google "mobile aircon regas" ?

Generally when selecting trades people I like to work with a recommendation because I think good service should lead to further business 

Internet reviews generally dont hold much water with Me

18 hours ago, Patt said:

changed the PDK gator for a 718 one - in anticipation of me changing the direction of the gear change.

And currently having the PSE and X73 replaced

How do you change the gear change direction? I know the 981 pdk manual isn't a bit counter intuitive with + forward, - back, and this was addressed in the 718, with the more standard "- forward, + back" orientation 

I have a Cobb accessport that lets me change many parameters on the PDK and engine.

I've now updated the software for the PDK, TPS and dash - just need to spend some time sorting this out.  Takes time as their support is in the US and I can't always guarantee I get back on it as soon as they reply.

Plus I've not been able to drive her with any gusto due to the broken suspension. 

10 minutes ago, Patt said:

I have a Cobb accessport that lets me change many parameters on the PDK and engine.

I've now updated the software for the PDK, TPS and dash - just need to spend some time sorting this out.  Takes time as their support is in the US and I can't always guarantee I get back on it as soon as they reply.

Plus I've not been able to drive her with any gusto due to the broken suspension. 

Ooooooh, I'm feelin' some luuurve. 👍🤗

Driving to work today in the GTS. Lovely morning, 7.00am on a quiet country road, no traffic.

Next minute I see a brown blur pass in front of me, so I hit the brakes and there is a big thud as I hit something big.

The impact killed the deer outright, it must have run down a field and jumped the fence onto the road, heading for the woods on the other side.

I was only doing 40mph as it's a bumpy back road, which always has pheasants and the odd escaped sheep on it in a morning, so I was taking it easy. 

I was lucky, because if I had been going 5mph faster, it would have been through the windscreen and in my lap! One minute the road was clear, next minute I had a windscreen full of brown deer, a big thud then it was gone, I barely had chance to react and brake.

Must have been a glancing blow as amazingly there was no obvious damage to the car, except a front radiator grille had popped out which should just pop back in. I stopped the car and walked back up the road, the deer had made it into the forest but was laying on it's side and clearly dead - poor thing!

Gave me quite a fright, maybe time to use a different route in to work!

I will get the car checked over to make sure there is no hidden damage, and get the grille put back in. I must admit I was expecting busted headlights, cracked bumpers and a dented bonnet, costing several thousand pounds to repair, so I guess I was lucky...unlike the deer.

Such is life!

Update...had car checked over, the impact cracked the paint on the nose cone, so needs a nose respray. Only had it done last year, but still think I got off lightly.
Edited by RBD914 v2
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, RBD914 v2 said:
Driving to work today in the GTS. Lovely morning, 7.00am on a quiet country road, no traffic.

Next minute I see a brown blur pass in front of me, so I hit the brakes and there is a big thud as I hit something big.

The impact killed the deer outright, it must have run down a field and jumped the fence onto the road, heading for the woods on the other side.

I was only doing 40mph as it's a bumpy back road, which always has pheasants and the odd escaped sheep on it in a morning, so I was taking it easy. 

I was lucky, because if I had been going 5mph faster, it would have been through the windscreen and in my lap! One minute the road was clear, next minute I had a windscreen full of brown deer, a big thud then it was gone, I barely had chance to react and brake.

Must have been a glancing blow as amazingly there was no obvious damage to the car, except a front radiator grille had popped out which should just pop back in. I stopped the car and walked back up the road, the deer had made it into the forest but was laying on it's side and clearly dead - poor thing!

I will get the car checked over to make sure there is no hidden damage, and get the grille put back in. I must admit I was expecting busted headlights, cracked bumpers and a dented bonnet, costing several thousand pounds to repair, so I guess I was lucky...unlike the deer.

Such is life!

Update...had car checked over, the impact cracked the paint on the nose cone, so needs a nose respray. Only had it done last year, but still think I got off lightly.

Lucky, SWMBO hit a deer a couple of years ago in her 1 series under very similar circumstances. Looked like grill damage too, turned out to be a £3.5k insurance repair!!!! 

I saw someone hit a deer at speed in Devon years ago, the image of blood and water exploding from it remains fixed in my memory.

The poor driver had no chance to avoid it, as it jumed over a low hedge right in front of him.

I also saw someone hit a horse pulling a trotting/harness racing rig in Stockport when the rider obviously assumed that he had the absolute right of way at a busy red traffic light. 🙄

That one was even more distressing, as the traffic was stopped while we had to see and listen to the horse in agony until it was dispatched by a vet. 😧

• Sad 2

25 minutes ago, cozzykim said:

I saw someone hit a deer at speed in Devon years ago, the image of blood and water exploding from it remains fixed in my memory.

The poor driver had no chance to avoid it, as it jumed over a low hedge right in front of him.

I also saw someone hit a horse pulling a trotting/harness racing rig in Stockport when the rider obviously assumed that he had the absolute right of way at a busy red traffic light. 🙄

That one was even more distressing, as the traffic was stopped while we had to see and listen to the horse in agony until it was dispatched by a vet. 😧

They should have despatched the caravan enthusiast jockey/driver or whatever they are calledat the same time!

13 hours ago, RBD914 v2 said:

Such is life!

And what happened to the 70kg of prime venison? Did you go back with some sharp knives?