What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

3 hours ago, Raffe said:

53209559501_4f6bce5e10_k.jpg

That is one mean looking Boxster in that pic :wub_anim:

4 minutes ago, Stuart21UK said:

have wondered what mine would look like with goldish wheels ala Boxster 25th Anniversary model...

Pity you don't know anyone handy with Photoshop :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Drove mine to Tesco today, couldn't park it straight as I can't see the corners so pretended, in my own mind, that it's the missus' car and I'm not used to driving it.

In fact, I've been driving our Merc V350 Viano camper which is much easier to park, cos you can see it all in the mirrors and reversing cam' innit. :blush:

55 minutes ago, cozzykim said:

Drove mine to Tesco today, couldn't park it straight as I can't see the corners so pretended, in my own mind, that it's the missus' car and I'm not used to driving it.

Glad I'm not the only one on here that can't park their bleedin' car straight.... I also can't judge the length front or back either, so almost always end up sticking out too far at the rear. Serves me right for buying the first Cayman I viewed, without considering essential extras like reversing cameras and sensors 😂 

I parked in Morrisons car park this morning, almost empty with loads of spaces, so I drove in forwards, and still parked with at least a foot overhanging into the space behind me...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Glad I'm not the only one on here that can't park their bleedin' car straight.... I also can't judge the length front or back either, so almost always end up sticking out too far at the rear. Serves me right for buying the first Cayman I viewed, without considering essential extras like reversing cameras and sensors 😂 

I parked in Morrisons car park this morning, almost empty with loads of spaces, so I drove in forwards, and still parked with at least a foot overhanging into the space behind me...

I shudda taken some pics of my parking, wudda made you feel much better. 🤣
P.S. Mine has front and rear sensors. :blush::blush::blush:

Edited by cozzykim
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, andygo said:

Nicely squeezed in there, obviously a tight fit, what with all those other cars.... :)

Probably would have been easier to judge the space if there were other cars around, but this is how I keep the Cayman in pristine condition. I always park miles away from the shops, well away from everyone else if possible, to avoid getting car park dinks on the doors.  OCD? Me? Naah, obviously not! 😂

45 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Probably would have been easier to judge the space if there were other cars around, but this is how I keep the Cayman in pristine condition. I always park miles away from the shops, well away from everyone else if possible, to avoid getting car park dinks on the doors.  OCD? Me? Naah, obviously not! 😂

I don't blame you! Usually there is oik in a battered shed that parks next to me. I always aim for an end slot as at least on that side it's impossible to park.

I have been scouring Ebay for a Star Trek force field gizmo to prevent anyone approaching within a light year of my car. Can't seem to find any though.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, cozzykim said:

That's definitely one for a sociology/psychology thesis. 👍

When I ride my [or rode - it doesnt happen much nowadays as I'm an old man] MTB I know that you go where you look.  Dont look at trees.  Maybe these people drive in and see my car then keep looking and end parked next to it.  They go where they look.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ATM said:

When I ride my [or rode - it doesnt happen much nowadays as I'm an old man] MTB I know that you go where you look.  Dont look at trees.  Maybe these people drive in and see my car then keep looking and end parked next to it.  They go where they look.

Same skiing in the trees:  Look at the gaps not the trees, or you'll hit the trees.

• Like 1

People use an already parked car as their parking target.

If I park at an end slot and get as close as I can to the kerb to maximise my space, on, say the left, the over friendly car parker will park the 'regulation' 2 feet away from my car, even if they park over the white line between us. And if a car parks next to them, they will generally use the same distance gauge of 2 feet, ignoring the white lines.

I have found that if I park slightly diagonally, but still within the white lines, it puts off over friendly car parking as its harder to judge the distance. Either that, or they park diagonally, parallel to you.

Edited by andygo

2 hours ago, andygo said:

People use an already parked car as their parking target.

If I park at an end slot and get as close as I can to the kerb to maximise my space, on, say the left, the over friendly car parker will park the 'regulation' 2 feet away from my car, even if they park over the white line between us. And if a car parks next to them, they will generally use the same distance gauge of 2 feet, ignoring the white lines.

I have found that if I park slightly diagonally, but still within the white lines, it puts off over friendly car parking as its harder to judge the distance. Either that, or they park diagonally, parallel to you.

21st century 'rules of etiquette' 🤣