Can you change the Speedo data?

Mattman42

41 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

hmmm - don't remember seeing any options, will check again tonight!

The common options are MPG, Average MPH, and on mine route directions. Before delving into the menu.  It will stay on the one at switch off here.

22 hours ago, Mattman42 said:

Is there a way to change the top line of data on the Gen 2 speedo to show something other than miles remaining?

7cD91V1.jpg

Yes thers is. Play with the appropriate stalk to bring about your desired satisfaction 😁 

10 minutes ago, Topbox said:

Yes thers is. Play with the appropriate stalk to bring about your desired satisfaction 😁 

i did last night and was underwhelmed - 3 options of "MPG remaining, Audio or Empty" hardly the most exhaustive list :)

49 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

i did last night and was underwhelmed - 3 options of "MPG remaining, Audio or Empty" hardly the most exhaustive list :)

I'm happy with just a trip odo.😁 Gadgets are for boring cars 😁

1 hour ago, Mattman42 said:

Most of the “good” info is in the trip section of PCM. Things like a “this trip”‘distance, average speed and consumption” and if you have nav time to destination etc.  All fairly standard stuff, few more bits if you have sports chronos as well if you run the stop watch it will log your route etc.  (Only just got a car with that and yet to play with it ) 

2 hours ago, Paul P said:

Most of the “good” info is in the trip section of PCM. Things like a “this trip”‘distance, average speed and consumption” and if you have nav time to destination etc.  All fairly standard stuff, few more bits if you have sports chronos as well if you run the stop watch it will log your route etc.  (Only just got a car with that and yet to play with it ) 

No pictures yet Paul?.....

9 minutes ago, MAC99V said:

No pictures yet Paul?.....

Been too busy driving it and forgot to post them Mark. 

I hold you responsible for “blue boxster syndrome”. Will post a few later on when back at the PC. 

On 12/18/2019 at 11:25 AM, Rob™ said:

Can it be set to the radio station too? I seem to remember that on the 987.1.

I use the wildly inaccurate miles to go option, it’s up an down like... I’m sure there’s a saying 😬

It recalculates based on your instant MPG figure. At start up, when a cold engine will use a lot of fuel, it gives the distance based on that. As the engine warms up and uses less fuel, the distance can go up. After all your MPG can change from say 15 in heavy town traffic to 30 at cruise, and the computer can't know where you are going to be driving.😀

On 12/18/2019 at 12:52 PM, Mattman42 said:

if you want more, you have to pay for it. It's German, not Korean. 😀

On 12/21/2019 at 3:39 PM, DaveEFI said:

It recalculates based on your instant MPG figure. At start up, when a cold engine will use a lot of fuel, it gives the distance based on that.

Yeah, I'd assumed this was the case but didn't want to be accused of looking in the book.... 

Archived