Incoming Macan...

Withy

So I've been thinking about changing our BMW M140i for a while, and always end up looking at Macan's. After some advice from @Davidbf1.com and some others, we were between Diesel S, a few 2016ish Turbos, an OPC 2017 GTS, but with man maths taking over completely, we placed a deposit yesterday on a new GTS spec is here.  Delivery is December :)

The main thing is the actual car, and we've not gone mad with options to try to keep the costs down.  

Advice on interior is what I'm after.  Black is the safe option, but the Mojave leather against a Night Blue car is what we are now leaning towards.   Spec needs to be locked today!  Quick opinions and thoughts very welcome.

Oh, and the 981 S remains intact :)

• Like 1

@Withy do you REALLY need the compass (you have satnav after all.... )

id ditch that, and go for the larger capacity fuel tank (you’re going for the GTS after all ️ 😀), and I’d also find a way to stretch to adding the blind spot/lane change option - fantastic option on ours I wouldn’t now be without on a future macan. Didn’t realise how dynamic the system was - eg if you’re doing 30mph and a car coming along and overtaking you at 40mph, the lane change warning in the body of the door mirror will not be as “early” as when you’re doing 60 and a car comes up doing 90 - it will warn you MUCH earlier. Completely logical, but impressive that it will pick up the faster moving vehicle from WAY back....

serious question, is there much of a difference in height between you and your good lady? I know memory seat option does bring a few other settings, but again that would be something I could live without in order to tick the above....

im uncertain about the Mojave interior colour - I’d want to see it in the flesh, doesn’t seem to do much for me on the configuration pics. Ours is black and it doesn’t make it feel gloomy inside, more a case of feeling sporty. I like the idea of Mojave as long as it didn’t look to be more of a bright grey if that makes sense?

Just my three sheckles worth!

• Like 1

Things to consider...

If this is going to be used year round id add heated seats to match your steering wheel. I use them all the time in winter but wish mine had the heated steering wheel.

Tow Bar? Its retractable so you wont see it, its a great selling feature later on and cheap at the build stage, ludicrous price afterwards

Roof bars? I wish mine had these too.

The above might not be on your ‘need’ list but they certainly might be on your ‘wish i’d fitted them’ list in a year or so.

The biggie is Burmester sound instead of bose. The macan is so comfy and ‘quiet’ you can appreciate the quality of this stereo option. I dont have it on the Macan but have it in the 911 where it is wasted. I wish it was he other way around believe me :)

Black interior is the safe option anything else will show ip the dirt and need an acquired taste for resale :)

Edited by r1flyguy

Heated seats are standard now. Wouldn’t do without them!

compass is more for the look of sport chrono without the cost.

good suggestions all round. Going back to OPc today to see a Cayenne with Mojave to make the decision.

I like the clean lines of no roof bars, but then like the look with them too, so that is a toughie.

Drivers memory pack was left on by mistake, only noticed after the figures came back! May drop that and compass and go sport chrono.. but as Nick Murray says, you really don’t need that on a Macan

Edited by Withy

Cheap additions

without doubt the 75lt fuel tank

Smokers pack for the extra socket

power steering plus, its a heavy vehicle and it does help 

Have a quick nose on Macan forums. Theres some good info on there too

• Like 1

75 lt tank is a good call

Air suspension is a tad costly, abs it seems the motoring journalists reckon the revised Macan on steel springs with PASM is excellent. The demo we drove was certainly awesome from an overall ride / composure pov

Not sure why you wouldn’t spec Sport Chrono on a GTS?

I have it on my diesel and its brilliant, that along with air suspension 👍🏻

Just now, Withy said:

75 lt tank is a good call

Air suspension is a tad costly, abs it seems the motoring journalists reckon the revised Macan on steel springs with PASM is excellent. The demo we drove was certainly awesome from an overall ride / composure pov

I honestly don't listen to motoring journalists. They all have their little personal issues and likes. 

If your happy thats all that matters.

Its a GTS model at the end of the day and spec is really a personal choice.

All my above posts are based on my Diesel Macan and what i find is great and what I'm sad is missing. I use it a heck of a lot more than the 911 and love driving it.

A GTS will be so much....... more :)

19 minutes ago, Withy said:

Heated seats are standard now. Wouldn’t do without them!

That’s a new think to me as mine was purchased used from an OPC

The ticky box option for heated seats is still there though 🧐

36 minutes ago, r1flyguy said:

That’s a new think to me as mine was purchased used from an OPC

The ticky box option for heated seats is still there though 🧐

Yep, it’s a model year change that heated seats are included. Configurator maybe not upto date, but you can see it in the standard spec section for GTS

After some coffee and advice from y’all and others.. this is the current thinking from original spec

Add

Mojave leather £161

Reversing camera £362

75lt tank £84

Sport Chrono £804

Remove

Driver memory pack £228

Compass £261

Difference - £922

Heading to OPC for Mojave decision..

20 minutes ago, Withy said:

After some coffee and advice from y’all and others.. this is the current thinking from original spec

Add

Mojave leather £161

Reversing camera £362

75lt tank £84

Sport Chrono £804

Remove

Driver memory pack £228

Compass £261

Difference - £922

Heading to OPC for Mojave decision..

Looking good

is the reversing camera part of the rear parking sensors option?

Nice one...you will love driving it! I'm swopping my current GTS in for a new GTS, to be built in November and due in December. I was going to get one next April when my car is three years old but I didn't want to take the chance of tariffs after the end of the year. I've gone a bit more mad than you with the configurator; Porsche code PMQTTQ37. 

This will be my third Macan. I had my name down for the EV version due in 2022 but decided I'm not yet ready for an EV as a daily driver. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JohnSyn said:

Nice one...you will love driving it! I'm swopping my current GTS in for a new GTS, to be built in November and due in December. I was going to get one next April when my car is three years old but I didn't want to take the chance of tariffs after the end of the year. I've gone a bit more mad than you with the configurator; Porsche code PMQTTQ37. 

This will be my third Macan. I had my name down for the EV version due in 2022 but decided I'm not yet ready for an EV as a daily driver. 

That’s a nice spec @JohnSyn 

It’s probably the best idea at the moment to get a new build before the years out for reasons explained.

You don’t rate the Burmester sound system? Or you prefer to hear the sound of the GTS?

Hows your trade in Value?

Damn!!! Just seen the price of the Burmester!!! 🤐 Has the price jumped or did I used to think it was circa £2k

Locked and loaded!

Macan GTS
Night Blue Metallic
20” Turbo Alloys
Black Leather package (not alcantara, and Mojave didn’t do it for us after looking at a Cayenne at OPC Glasgow)
Pano Roof
Sport Chrono
75lt tank
drivers memory pack
heatable windscreen
heated steering wheel (front seat heating is std)
Privacy Glass
park assist with reversing camera

Whoop!

1 hour ago, JohnSyn said:

That’s an awesome Spec. 😎

5 hours ago, r1flyguy said:

You don’t rate the Burmester sound system? Or you prefer to hear the sound of the GTS?

Hows your trade in Value?

I do like the Burmester system but not at that price! I find the Bose system suits me fine.

Was happily surprised as to how strong the trade in value will be but WBAC offered nearly £44k! 

5 hours ago, r1flyguy said:

Damn!!! Just seen the price of the Burmester!!! 

Yep!

4 hours ago, Withy said:

That’s an awesome Spec.

Thanks!  I've bought too many new ones and still am a sucker on the configurator! I like your spec, they look great in Midnight blue. 

I don't know whether you've had a go in a GTS but they are truly great cars to drive. Whilst different to the Boxster they can be thrown around like a hot hatch. And they are pretty quick too!

Edited by JohnSyn

20 hours ago, Withy said:

Locked and loaded!

Macan GTS
Night Blue Metallic
20” Turbo Alloys
Black Leather package (not alcantara, and Mojave didn’t do it for us after looking at a Cayenne at OPC Glasgow)
Pano Roof
Sport Chrono
75lt tank
drivers memory pack
heatable windscreen
heated steering wheel (front seat heating is std)
Privacy Glass
park assist with reversing camera

Whoop!

Sounds like a well thought out spec.

Great that other members can give a “... in hindsight” view of options they wish they’d had / couldn’t live without.

• Like 1