how to disable my Porsche tracker as it is running the battery down after a holiday FOR 3 WEEKS

TUZZ100

20 minutes ago, DaveEFI said:

If it is in an airport etc car park?

Park at the electric charge point 😁

Ages ago, I'd leave a charged up old battery and jump leads in the boot if car battery was doubtful, these days you can get 12 x 6 x 6 item who's name I forget, does same task, daughter left her interior light on all night, borrowed one from one of her neighbors, we all carry one now - recharge check once every few months, damn, what's it called.....

On 10/8/2020 at 9:19 PM, TUZZ100 said:

Please help where is it under the dashboard thank you in advance

your sidebar says 2010 2.9 boxster pdk - which is similar to mine - which doesn't have a built-in tracker?

2 hours ago, frozen said:

your sidebar says 2010 2.9 boxster pdk - which is similar to mine - which doesn't have a built-in tracker?

Could have been spec’ed with VTS I guess. My 2012 was.  

3 hours ago, Paul P said:

Could have been spec’ed with VTS I guess. My 2012 was.  

if it was optioned you can disable it - but that's a call to vodafone to remotely disable it  - they'll need various numbers etc and maybe OPC involvement to do the remote disable on VTS though - bit of a faff but possible with the right paperwork.

3 hours ago, frozen said:

if it was optioned you can disable it - but that's a call to vodafone to remotely disable it  - they'll need various numbers etc and maybe OPC involvement to do the remote disable on VTS though - bit of a faff but possible with the right paperwork.

Not sure that “not tracking it anymore” is the same as disconnecting from the system And if it it a VTS unit that’s broken then it’s possible unlikely to be well enough to responD to remote deactivation. 

Few cases on here of failed VTS units causing issues.   Think a 981 owner had to fix it even though he wasn’t using it to prevent issues. 

Mine has it   It’s not active   OPC reckon 80 quid or 200 quid to activate depending on if it responds to piwis or needs to be located and accessed for hard reset  plus the Vodafone subscription  

OP hasn’t come back with any more details so it’s all guesswork.  

3 hours ago, Paul P said:

Not sure that “not tracking it anymore” is the same as disconnecting from the system And if it it a VTS unit that’s broken then it’s possible unlikely to be well enough to responD to remote deactivation. 

Few cases on here of failed VTS units causing issues.   Think a 981 owner had to fix it even though he wasn’t using it to prevent issues. 

Mine has it   It’s not active   OPC reckon 80 quid or 200 quid to activate depending on if it responds to piwis or needs to be located and accessed for hard reset  plus the Vodafone subscription  

OP hasn’t come back with any more details so it’s all guesswork.  

in theory yes, but on my 991 it was a total pain to get it deactivated - couldn't be done with piwis - needed a remote disable via the monitoring services (which is currently vodafone) which needed authorisation and quite a few phone calls to get it done (after the first few telling me it was disabled - when it obviously wasn't).  

But as you say, OP notably lacking a follow up, so ho hum.

1 hour ago, mark-yorkshire said:

I have something similar. However. I have read that because of the way they work they will start the car but won’t necessarily be able to power the  emergency “pop the bonnet” circuit.  So you can’t actually hook them up.

Issue is apparently these power packs contain some smarts which say “when high demand of current (try to start the engine ) then switch into the “be a high output 12v battery”. Without that high draw they don’t provide much oomph, so when connected to the frunk circuit they are caught between not enough draw to get excited and not enough oomph to drive the circuit. 

Above based on reading.  Hard one to test and not (fortunately) had to find out the hard way yet.  

22 hours ago, Paul P said:

I have something similar. However. I have read that because of the way they work they will start the car but won’t necessarily be able to power the  emergency “pop the bonnet” circuit.  So you can’t actually hook them up.

Issue is apparently these power packs contain some smarts which say “when high demand of current (try to start the engine ) then switch into the “be a high output 12v battery”. Without that high draw they don’t provide much oomph, so when connected to the frunk circuit they are caught between not enough draw to get excited and not enough oomph to drive the circuit. 

Above based on reading.  Hard one to test and not (fortunately) had to find out the hard way yet.  

They do work for opening the frunk. Ask me how I know!!

Archived