987S Values

MD707

Interested to gather thoughts on current 'going rates'. From digging around on Pistonheads and Autotrader....assuming cars under 80k miles:

987.1 3.2S - £12k-£16k

987.1 3.4S - £14k-£18k

987.1 3.4S Sports Edition - £18k- £20k

987.2 3.4S - £19k-£25k

987.2 3.4S Black Edition - £22k-£28k

Sport seats, extended leather, aero kit and 19"s have a strong impact of course.
Prices rising? About right? Inflated due to low supply and lockdown? WDYT....

3 hours ago, JonSta said:

Where's the black edition for £22k? Interested.

I’ve only seen one at that price under 80k miles.......its in my garage 😇

14 hours ago, invisible said:

It looks to me like they are on the rise, or at least healthy.

I bought a 987.2 3.4S with xenons, Bose and extended leather (albeit at 90,000 miles) from a reputable Indy for £13.5k in Jan 2020.

Great month to buy a convertible - the market is always flatter when it's not immediate roof down weather.

That sounds like a great deal on a 987.2.

I bought my 2007 987.1 3.4S (Xenons, Electric & Heated seats, Sat nav/phone) at 72,000 miles for about £15K in 2013 from an independent dealer.

Higher miles always seem to get you a 'bargain'. I'm on a 140,000 miles now and spending some money getting it nice.

1 hour ago, Propofol said:

Great month to buy a convertible - the market is always flatter when it's not immediate roof down weather.

I bought my 2007 987.1 3.4S (Xenons, Electric & Heated seats, Sat nav/phone) at 72,000 miles for about £15K in 2013 from an independent dealer.

Higher miles always seem to get you a 'bargain'. I'm on a 140,000 miles now and spending some money getting it nice.

Glorious clear blue skies yesterday & today will have moved convertible prices upward. I've seen a fair few top down motorists, all smiling from ear to ear.

4 hours ago, McDonald said:

Glorious clear blue skies yesterday & today will have moved convertible prices upward. I've seen a fair few top down motorists, all smiling from ear to ear.

5 hours ago, Propofol said:

Yeah, but I'm glad I didn't buy it private.

It cost the Indy plenty getting it sorted pre-sale:: fried ECU, AOS replaced, loose roof, front discs/pads

And then under warranty: shattered clutch after month (gentle driving), aircon condenser, lift valve

They were brilliant. 

And last week it sprung a coolant leak - all the pipes replaced. It's a ten year old car with ten year old rubber!

3 minutes ago, invisible said:

Yeah, but I'm glad I didn't buy it private.

It cost the Indy plenty getting it sorted pre-sale:: fried ECU, AOS replaced, loose roof, front discs/pads

And then under warranty: shattered clutch after month (gentle driving), aircon condenser, lift valve

They were brilliant. 

And last week it sprung a coolant leak - all the pipes replaced. It's a ten year old car with ten year old rubber!

Sounds like you were very fortunate and your dealer was reputable. He can't have made much money after that little lot.

5 hours ago, McDonald said:

Sounds like you were very fortunate and your dealer was reputable. He can't have made much money after that little lot.

Fantastic dealer, bent over backwards to sort everything out. Nothing was too much trouble for them.

Wow! Your car sounds like it imploded! Either it had had a hard life mechanically up until it got bought by your dealer or it was just really bad luck everything falling apart within such a short space of time.

Fair play to your dealer for fixing all of that...

What dealer was it? Sounds like they need a bump.

13 hours ago, invisible said:

Fantastic dealer, bent over backwards to sort everything out. Nothing was too much trouble for them.

After support like that from them it would be good for everyone to know who they are - will you tell us?

Just renewed the insurance on my 2007 3.4 (61k) and the default values of what it’s worth were £5-6k.  A free HPI valuation, (forecourt) suggested 11.4–12.5.  Be pretty miffed to be offered a cheque of £5k to source a replacement...

9 hours ago, minimoog said:

Just noticed Confused.com have a free valuation service with no strings. Seemed about right on my car, from what I can tell.

Well is told me a car I just sold last week is worth less than half what i got for it, so I either did very well, or it's not the best valuation :)

Archived