Am I allowed back....with a Cayman? :)

Simo_UK

Evening all.

It's been a while.  I was a relatively active member of BoXa.net a couple of years back when I owned a 981 Boxster S.  Loved that car!

Met a few of you a the Blackbushe meets (RIP- Blackbushe),   Beaulieu and Goodwood.   Officially the Boxster was the Mrs S's car, but that was the only route to getting it on the drive at the time.  

We moved house a couple of years ago and let the car go (whilst crying) to free up some collateral for "apparently" important things like sofas, curtains and such soft furnishings!  No, I wasn't impressed either.    

Now all that's out of the way, and with way too much lockdown time on my hands, it was time to get a new car. 

I looked at a couple of options, a TTS (but then had a strong word with myself), a new S3 (nice but likely dull after a month) but after being in stealth mode on BoXa.net for a few months I was drawn back to the 981......Cayman

It's great to see the 'old' faces on here still.   I celebrated reading @Stuart21UK finally got that roof sorted!  And @JohnSyn has yet another Porsche!  Congrats guys!

Saturday I pick up a 981 Cayman GTS.....for about 2 hrs until it goes into have it's ceramic coating and ppf applied.

Looking forward to getting back behind the wheel....and not of "The Wife's" car this time! :)

PC1.JPG

Well I'll definitely still talk to you 😁 I can't wait to see that beautiful Cayman in the flesh/metal! 😍 Blackbushe meets may still be possible in the future as the Cafe is just changing hands, it will most likely undergo a refurb first. Congrats on getting back into a Porsche, hope you have a fab time with it this weekend! 👍🏻

1 hour ago, Simo_UK said:

Evening all.

It's been a while.  I was a relatively active member of BoXa.net a couple of years back when I owned a 981 Boxster S.  Loved that car!

Met a few of you a the Blackbushe meets (RIP- Blackbushe),   Beaulieu and Goodwood.   Officially the Boxster was the Mrs S's car, but that was the only route to getting it on the drive at the time.  

We moved house a couple of years ago and let the car go (whilst crying) to free up some collateral for "apparently" important things like sofas, curtains and such soft furnishings!  No, I wasn't impressed either.    

Now all that's out of the way, and with way too much lockdown time on my hands, it was time to get a new car. 

I looked at a couple of options, a TTS (but then had a strong word with myself), a new S3 (nice but likely dull after a month) but after being in stealth mode on BoXa.net for a few months I was drawn back to the 981......Cayman

It's great to see the 'old' faces on here still.   I celebrated reading @Stuart21UK finally got that roof sorted!  And @JohnSyn has yet another Porsche!  Congrats guys!

Saturday I pick up a 981 Cayman GTS.....for about 2 hrs until it goes into have it's ceramic coating and ppf applied.

Looking forward to getting back behind the wheel....and not of "The Wife's" car this time! :)

PC1.JPG

welcome back, looks great :thumbsup_still:

Hi @Simo_UK, great to hear from you and good to see you back in a Porsche! It looks like Blackbushe will be open so we may well meet there still. It will be good to catch up with you. Like the car, who knows I may even be following you into one!!

1 minute ago, Davey P said:

From my recent experience, you are allowed back, but just be prepared for lots of hilarious "tin opener" jokes..... :lol:

Wearing a bit thin now is it Davey?   Don't forget you have the moral high ground here against those of us in the 'hairdressers' model 😉 

1 hour ago, rowbos said:

Don't forget you have the moral high ground here against those of us in the 'hairdressers' model 😉 

🤔

Ah - You mean those fitted with traction/stability control....?

😂

19 minutes ago, rowbos said:

All right big man!  😄

Don't know about that - but my 986's lack of traction/stability and 320+ bhp is something I use when I get the occasional "why don't you get a proper driver's car?" - usually brings that course of questioning to an abrupt halt/change of direction.

That and "Oh they're waste gates" before wandering off when I'm asked what the two pipes are under the rear bumper (they're for a bike rack) 

1 hour ago, map said:

🤔

Ah - You mean those fitted with traction/stability control....?

😂

No,  dirty cars fitted with compensating phallic gear leavers 🤣

Collection day!

Got to be honest, feels great to be back.  Only had it for a couple of hours but that feeling of 0-3points in a blink of an eye has been missed!

Porsche Solihull did an outstanding job of prepping the car, looks like new!  Full tank of fuel and a gift or two in the boot.

Its now in for PPF and GTechniq treatment and will be on the drive properly next weekend.

For now, here's a picture or two for those interested.....

Chuffed to bits!

51055324743_7dcacfaf21_h.jpg

51055303528_276041aab7_h.jpg

51056098056_3911d9fcb8_h.jpg

51055303418_a886c5eca9_h.jpg

51056110377_c2d1019ba7_h.jpg

Archived