981 Boxster GTS

JurassicBGTS

41 minutes ago, JurassicGTS said:

https://autovero.co.uk/vehicle/2014-porsche-boxster-s/

Thoughts on this S, apart from PSE looks a good spec and nice condition.

How much difference is the PSE? How much is it to have PSE retro fitted?

I paid £2118 in Nov gone for PSE Retro fit at local OPC. Smiles per mile well worth it IMHO 👍

1 hour ago, JurassicGTS said:

Wow. Just Wow. What a fabulous looking example.

13 hours ago, JurassicGTS said:

I have had two quotes in the last month, one was £2600 the other £2900. As I am not that flush I have brought a second hand exhaust from ebay which I’ll have modified. Won’t be switchable, but hey ho

Edited by lofi

14 hours ago, JurassicGTS said:

😛😛😛

Sounds great.

Agreed, but the car sounds great in any of the three modes to be fair.  Even in Normal mode if you give it some beans it's awesome.

Sport + on the road is just too hard, like rock hard!  I have only ever used it for Launch Control a few times otherwise on a dry track only.

2 minutes ago, GTSMarky said:

Agreed, but the car sounds great in any of the three modes to be fair.  Even in Normal mode if you give it some beans it's awesome.

Sport + on the road is just too hard, like rock hard!  I have only ever used it for Launch Control a few times otherwise on a dry track only.

You can have the throttle and gear map in sport + and the chassis in normal, I’m sure you know that

Shame they removed the PPF - check the headlights for damage as removing PPF pulls the UV coating.

Check you have phone Bluetooth for music and calls, as they are not standard.

Wheels are part painted and are NOT diamond.

Also has sports steering wheel option.

PSE is about 1900 if you already have the sports tips.

14 hours ago, JurassicGTS said:

This looks a very nice car indeed.  Nice spec' & very clean.  The alcantara wheel and leather PDK lever is unusual, but for sure it's a 'better' wheel to sit behind.  Don't really think you can go wrong.

1 hour ago, GTSMarky said:

My BGTS is PASM..

I wasn’t trying to be clever just pointing out that sport plus is a drivetrain mode not the suspension mode. I entirely get what you’re saying. 

8 minutes ago, lofi said:

I wasn’t trying to be clever just pointing out that sport plus is a drivetrain mode not the suspension mode. I entirely get what you’re saying. 

it stiffens the whole car up and makes it significantly more sensitive (less forgiving on the limit).

To be honest the Sport+ mode if you're not going to track the car is pretty pointless.

I know some folks prefer the manual change in sport + mode as their preferred driving option as it's so much faster to change - pretty impressive to experience if you're in the mood.

9 hours ago, lofi said:

I have had two quotes in the last month, one was £2600 the other £2900. As I am not that flush I have brought a second hand exhaust from ebay which I’ll have modified. Won’t be switchable, but hey ho

Any OPC should honour the price in the Tequipment catalog which is £2161. I had the same when I enquired. Local OPC quoted way over the Tequipment price. So I showed them the price and the honoured it. 

1 hour ago, Ringmaster999 said:

Any OPC should honour the price in the Tequipment catalog which is £2161. I had the same when I enquired. Local OPC quoted way over the Tequipment price. So I showed them the price and the honoured it. 

Definitely worth ringing around too.  Portsmouth and Bournemouth quoted different prices for me.  Had it done at Portsmouth for around £1800, inc Chrome tailpipes.  That was a few years back though.  £2600-2900 sounds obscene 

17 minutes ago, Simo_UK said:

Definitely worth ringing around too.  Portsmouth and Bournemouth quoted different prices for me.  Had it done at Portsmouth for around £1800, inc Chrome tailpipes.  That was a few years back though.  £2600-2900 sounds obscene 

I emailed 5 OPC. Only 2 replied

36 minutes ago, lofi said:

Therein lies the problem, they probably get loads of emails a day from people interested and some wasting their time. So they never always take the email serious and just bash out the party prices. If you want to be taken serious then a phone call and a discussion with them can often lead to more sensible prices

1 hour ago, lofi said:

I can thoroughly recommend Rob who runs service at Portsmouth. Great guy and will always do his best for you. And answers his phone!

And the work came with  a courtesy car......911 Carrera 4S Cab!

12 hours ago, Patt said:

Shame they removed the PPF - check the headlights for damage as removing PPF pulls the UV coating.

Check you have phone Bluetooth for music and calls, as they are not standard.

Wheels are part painted and are NOT diamond.

Also has sports steering wheel option.

PSE is about 1900 if you already have the sports tips.

Totally agree @Patt, why on earth have they removed the PPF?

Prefer non diamond cut, my old M3 had these as did an OPC Macan which I rejected within the 30 days. Both had deteriorating wheels, the M3 never seeing winter UK roads.

Unfortunately if I add the cost of PSE, it's not far off GTS pricing, a model which should depreciate less due to being rarer.

I also really feel extended leather lifts the interior. The Macan I rejected didn't have extended leather whereas my GTS does, it's a different environment.

Being totally OCD the reality of owning and looking after black would probably drive me mad, so I think it's got to be silver, white or red with grey a final option.

Got to test drive both GTS and S models as I think the GTS is just going to feel that much more special and value for money.

44 minutes ago, Simo_UK said:

I can thoroughly recommend Rob who runs service at Portsmouth. Great guy and will always do his best for you. And answers his phone!

And the work came with  a courtesy car......911 Carrera 4S Cab!

My Macan GTS came from Portsmouth and they were very good.

Bournemouth are my local OPC, not quite sure they are as good, although it maybe their limited space,  but they are moving to a new purpose built facility mid year, which should help.

Edited by JurassicGTS
Spelling

Nice looking car but way too much black for my liking, would be a killer to keep clean. Surprised to see sports chrono without pse. 
steering wheel’s alcantara looks well used for 20k miles to my eyes also. 

I know the market is hot right now but do feel that it’s 5-7k over priced