Porsche Classic Membership

Rav

On 1/28/2022 at 7:43 PM, JonFozz said:

Signed up at the start of August at OPC Leeds…been chasing them every since without success. 

I want my free stuff! 

I signed up about 9 months ago and rang them (Leeds OPC) twice just to be fobbed off. lol

On 1/28/2022 at 7:43 PM, JonFozz said:

Signed up at the start of August at OPC Leeds…been chasing them every since without success. 

I want my free stuff! 

I signed up about 9 months ago and rang them (Leeds OPC) twice just to be fobbed off. lol

Did mine through Hull Porsche, no choice of badge, I was given the green one! No key ring offered, & never given the number plate surrounds. 

Seems like different OPCs treat owners differently in terms of what they offer, as opposed to what they are supposed to offer.  Silverstone actually approached me to register my car and it was done promptly, they even fitted my number plate holders for free as I'd ordered new plates from them to go in the holders.  Not followed up on the badges as not keen on any of the 3 designs, but I've had two for the magazines/books since registering.

9 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

Seems like different OPCs treat owners differently in terms of what they offer, as opposed to what they are supposed to offer.  Silverstone actually approached me to register my car and it was done promptly, they even fitted my number plate holders for free as I'd ordered new plates from them to go in the holders.  Not followed up on the badges as not keen on any of the 3 designs, but I've had two for the magazines/books since registering.

It all seems a bit flakey to what they offer and what they have in stock to give you. Some don’t even do it. Pot luck.

1 minute ago, Fat Rat said:

It all seems a bit flakey to what they offer and what they have in stock to give you. Some don’t even do it. Pot luck.

As I understand it, the OPCs that offer 'Classic' are particular centres listed by Porsche and are required to have additional older model knowledge.  If they can offer it, it should be at the same standard as others in the classic network.  Not all OPCs can offer this.

I registered mine at Porsche Exeter about a year ago. Only received a black box with the register card in so far. Didn’t realise you had to go in and pick up the plates etc. 

Will ask when I pick up my 987 shifter.

Edited by Boxsum
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Boxsum said:

I registered mine at Porsche Exeter about a year ago. Only received a black box with the register card in so far. Didn’t realise you had to go in and pick up the plates etc. 

Will ask when I pick up my 987 shifter.

Would be nice if they gave you the option of which badge kit and key ring. 😬 I wanted the 917-023 for my centre consul. Ended up with the pink pig 917/20. Had to source one. 🤙🏻

11 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

As I understand it, the OPCs that offer 'Classic' are particular centres listed by Porsche and are required to have additional older model knowledge.  If they can offer it, it should be at the same standard as others in the classic network.  Not all OPCs can offer this.

Agree 🤙🏻

16 hours ago, ½cwt said:

Next time you pop in say hello to my mate Craig Porter... one of the established sales guys there. Part of a car community i was with a few years back. Did a trip to Col De Turini with him many many moons ago now. :) 

I received the grill badge, single number plate holder and box with registration card.  I also got the litre of Classic Motor Oil after the first service.  They offered to fit the registration plate holder to the rear of the car but I didn’t want additional holes in the bodywork.

No key ring or magazines.

3 hours ago, Geopat said:

I received the grill badge, single number plate holder and box with registration card.  I also got the litre of Classic Motor Oil after the first service.  They offered to fit the registration plate holder to the rear of the car but I didn’t want additional holes in the bodywork.

No key ring or magazines.

Shouldn't need any extra holes.  There are two holes in the rear bumper PU that should take plastic expanding nuts for two screws that match up with a pair of the various holes in the back plates of the plate holder.  Did on mine anyway.

5 minutes ago, Daboy3000 said:

Was not a fan of the badge colour combos at all, its like they didn't even consider what colours old Porsches are and have tried to match GT3s or something.

The colour-ways are based on heritage liveries from Porsche's competition car history.  That said i agree some (none) of these don't work well with the Boxster's typical palette.

On 10/16/2022 at 10:33 PM, ½cwt said:

Shouldn't need any extra holes.  There are two holes in the rear bumper PU that should take plastic expanding nuts for two screws that match up with a pair of the various holes in the back plates of the plate holder.  Did on mine anyway.

No holes in my rear bumper. Plate has always been stuck on.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2022 at 11:12 AM, map said:

As part of a 260mile potter yesterday I dropped into the OPC and collected my swag:

gR69PYO.jpg
ZfrW2Mr.jpg

Also ordered a replacement key - the discount made that palatable - and enquired about some other stuff.

Where to put the badge though? On the front bumper grills? Somewhere else? Or not at all?

They weren’t over keen to do a 111 point check 🤔 - I’ll wait for them to do an open day or sneak it in under the cover of a Porsche Club open day thingy. 

Did you register the Burgundy Bomber as well as the Scabster to get all that swag?!

• 5 months later...

So went into Leeds OPC today to pickup a part for my car and decided to try again but this time sit with a member of staff. 

Filled out a form and by the time i got home had this email stating its finally been done. 

They ignored all my calls and emails before requesting the same. Seems like they want you to physically go in and get it done. 

PkPKTc7.jpg

• 4 months later...