Porsche Classic Membership

Rav

2 hours ago, dpg123 said:

Porsche West London receptionist took my details a week ago with the promise of a call back from "the guy who deals with old cars". Never heard a peep...

That’s Landon for ya

Fitted! Thanks to Mark and Tim at OPC Swindon. 

If you screw the front plate holder in, you can force it to match the curve of the front bumper. They look great and are a nice touch for the car. 

795s0V6.jpg

Edited by Rav
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Rav said:

Fitted! Thanks to Mark and Tim at OPC Swindon. 

If you screw the front plate holder in, you can force it to match the curve of the front bumper. They look great and are a nice touch for the car. 

795s0V6.jpg

That looks great, I’m not sure about the front one though, do you have any pics

Just for you @the baron. Its actually not as bad as it looks in the pictures.

vR7SGLf.jpg

UDtPvLg.jpg

coPSdoR.jpg

Please excuse the dust and mess, the lockdown and poor weather has meant that the garage has become the place to do most things at home - even woodwork! 

Edited by Rav

2 hours ago, Rav said:

Just for you @the baron. Its actually not as bad as it looks in the pictures.

vR7SGLf.jpg

UDtPvLg.jpg

coPSdoR.jpg

Please excuse the dust and mess, the lockdown and poor weather has meant that the garage has become the place to do most things at home - even woodwork! 

Why have you screwed though the number plates?  The holder is screwed back to the plinth and the plate (without screws in it) it retained in the holder surely?  It still curves to the profile of the bumper.

Hi. After almost 7 weeks since signing the Porsche Classic Agreement I received today a black Porsche box / sleeve with a metal members card with my details and a small pamphlet? Is this all they send - and do you have to go into your local OPC to pick up the welcome pack? Is this what everyone else received? Thanks

6 hours ago, Bferry70 said:

Hi. After almost 7 weeks since signing the Porsche Classic Agreement I received today a black Porsche box / sleeve with a metal members card with my details and a small pamphlet? Is this all they send - and do you have to go into your local OPC to pick up the welcome pack? Is this what everyone else received? Thanks

Only what you describe and you have to go to your OPC to get the plate holders.  You don't get much for nothing these days!!

On 5/23/2021 at 9:43 PM, ½cwt said:

Why have you screwed though the number plates?  The holder is screwed back to the plinth and the plate (without screws in it) it retained in the holder surely?  It still curves to the profile of the bumper.

I had to as the original plates were screwed in place. If i didnt go back through the same holes, i would need new plates. 

I got a nice little book today in the post. It tells me all about the re issue and manufacture of old components they are planning. 

37 minutes ago, Rav said:

I had to as the original plates were screwed in place. If i didnt go back through the same holes, i would need new plates. 

Makes sense now.

Well, you do get more.  On my door mat this evening a very nicely wrapped and bound 118 page 'magazine' (book really) with lots of Porsche guff in it.

QlLGAiJ.jpg?1 

14 hours ago, ½cwt said:

Well, you do get more.  On my door mat this evening a very nicely wrapped and bound 118 page 'magazine' (book really) with lots of Porsche guff in it.

QlLGAiJ.jpg?1 

Agreed you should get a magazine which is released twice a year, so you should get the latest copy in your pack.

@Bferry70youve been short changed, I’d demand a full refund 😂

On 5/25/2021 at 4:00 PM, Bferry70 said:

I got my magazine thing a few days after the card arrived so might take a little longer to arrive than the card 

59 minutes ago, the baron said:

Agreed you should get a magazine which is released twice a year, so you should get the latest copy in your pack.

@Bferry70youve been short changed, I’d demand a full refund 😂

😅. I received a hardback book / catalogue from Porsche yesterday, with lists and pictures of all their Classic Porsche parts. I'm now waiting for the 1 litre of motor oil!😜

From what I've read on this thread, I have to go into my OPC for the number plate surrounds. 👍

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bferry70 said:

😅. I received a hardback book / catalogue from Porsche yesterday, with lists and pictures of all their Classic Porsche parts. I'm now waiting for the 1 litre of motor oil!😜

From what I've read on this thread, I have to go into my OPC for the number plate surrounds. 👍

OPC Glasgow posted my plate holders out to me, I did have the option of going into the centre to pick them up they said they would do whatever suited me best. I registered about 2 weeks ago and I have not received anything else so far 

27 minutes ago, deanmr2 said:

OPC Glasgow posted my plate holders out to me, I did have the option of going into the centre to pick them up they said they would do whatever suited me best. I registered about 2 weeks ago and I have not received anything else so far 

That was very decent of them. Fortunately my OPC is just 2 miles down the road so I don’t mind dropping in on them (and drool over their stock at the same time!). Like many others have said, it took almost 7 weeks for my welcome pack to arrive. 

• 7 months later...
10 hours ago, Stevemorg said:

3 months since I registered - nothing other than a couple of promises to "chase it up" - not that surprised TBH as its the same dealer that hasn't replied to emails re. a few (admittedly small) parts 

I found I had to be quite firm in my tone in order to get a response. I'd advise you persist because this is a service you've been offered and I intend to keep going with the reminders until I've got what has been promised. 

• 2 weeks later...

This was mentioned to me back in October when I was at Cambridge OPC (buying some parts for my old 996 first of many visits 😂). They took my details and I’d forgotten all about it.

This pack arrived this week - fancy box / booklet of benefits - like several free washes (with an old broom no doubt) etc - and a card ohhhhh! As @Rav mentioned earlier in this post.

68-A90-BCF-CECF-452-A-B35-E-82-DA126-F7-

C060133-B-74-DF-4076-A989-9-FAC51695881.

• Like 3