Porsche Classic Membership

Rav

Thanks to this forum and a lovely person who shared information, I joined the Porsche Classic register via my OPC recently. 

I have so far received a really nice metal classic Porsche membership card and small book all packaged up in what looks like very expensive box. I was looking forward to the promised classic number plate surrounds too, but i have not had these yet.

Does anyone know if these are still being issued? I also saw the Reading OPC were stating that window stickers were part of the offering. 

If anyone is interested in joining - details here: https://www.porsche.com/uk/accessoriesandservice/classic/register/ - after all the 986 is 25 jare old!!!

• Thanks 1

What window stickers?

You will need to get the number plate surrounds from the OPC, some people have had them fitted by them as well.  I just took mine with the parts i was picking up at the time.

5 minutes ago, dpg123 said:

I can't see anywhere on the site about cost - is it free? And do you have to physically go in to the dealership to sign up?

I rang my OPC in Leeds and gave them my details over the phone and then email confirmation to him. 

Typically it takes 4 - 6 wks before you get your pack, mine took exactly 7 wks to the day.

Its free and you get two magazines a year, 15% discount on all parts and 4 free car washes a year. It would be bonkers not to join.

• Like 1

Yes its free.

Yes the pack takes about 6 weeks.

Yes the plate holders are free issue from the OPC you register with. (I got new plate at the same time as my old ones were shabby and wouldn't ahve fitted in anyway so plates and holders fitted at the same time.)

fyOevBW.jpg?1 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

Yes its free.

Yes the plate holders are free issue from the OPC you register with. (I got new plate at the same time as my old ones were shabby and wouldn't ahve fitted in anyway so plates and holders fitted at the same time.)

fyOevBW.jpg?1 

Now ive seen the plate surrounds im not sure i like em. lol

Hoping to have my new plates made next week and i think the no surround might look cleaner on my car. 

13 hours ago, fizz said:

Now ive seen the plate surrounds im not sure i like em. lol

Hoping to have my new plates made next week and i think the no surround might look cleaner on my car. 

You may be right (and I'm a sucker for anything 'free') but this is what mine was like 'before', pretty tatty, beside it is simple to not use them, pop the holders open unscrew the frame and attach to the front plinth/rear bumper with conventional screws or tape as you prefer.

LziveQ8.jpg 

• Like 1

On 5/14/2021 at 11:05 AM, Rav said:

Thanks to this forum and a lovely person who shared information, I joined the Porsche Classic register via my OPC recently. 

I have so far received a really nice metal classic Porsche membership card and small book all packaged up in what looks like very expensive box. I was looking forward to the promised classic number plate surrounds too, but i have not had these yet.

Does anyone know if these are still being issued? I also saw the Reading OPC were stating that window stickers were part of the offering. 

If anyone is interested in joining - details here: https://www.porsche.com/uk/accessoriesandservice/classic/register/ - after all the 986 is 25 jare old!!!

When they first launched this membership is was £115 to join, if it’s now free that’s pretty awesome, thanks for the heads up.

On 5/14/2021 at 6:09 PM, ½cwt said:

Yes its free.

fyOevBW.jpg?1 

Is your drivers side light slotted in properly or maybe it’s the bumper, seems to be a big gap, might just be the angle?

1 hour ago, the baron said:

Is your drivers side light slotted in properly or maybe it’s the bumper, seems to be a big gap, might just be the angle?

It is a niggle with the shape of the bumper moulding on the driver's side unfortunately.  It is better since it was painted and I refitted it, see the 'before' picture further up the post.

3 hours ago, ½cwt said:

It is a niggle with the shape of the bumper moulding on the driver's side unfortunately.  It is better since it was painted and I refitted it, see the 'before' picture further up the post.

That’s annoying

59 minutes ago, the baron said:

That’s annoying

I've convinced myself it is 'character'.  It would be boring if they were all identical...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ½cwt said:

I've convinced myself it is 'character'.  It would be boring if they were all identical...

No one else Im sure will notice but if your like me, every time you approach the car your eyes are drawn to it...

1 hour ago, the baron said:

No one else Im sure will notice but if your like me, every time you approach the car your eyes are drawn to it...

Who said OCD??? 🤔  I am similarly afflicted and as a result conflicted....

My Porsche classic plate holders arrived today! I found some time between Zoom meetings to fit these. They look ace. I couldn't use sticky fixings on the front plate and holder as i found that using screws forces the plate and holder to bend to the curve of the bumper. The rears are far easier! 

Thanks to OPC Swindon. 👍

Thanks Rav  for the heads up , Sheffield Porsche have been accommodating, apparently it's the car that's the member  ,so luckily I can  have a membership for  each of  the two I've got .

Also thanks OPC Sheffield 👍

Edited by S2sam