Porsche Classic Membership

Rav

I signed up at my OPC in June!!!  They did send a lovely metal badge when I asked them for one but nothing further.  I have raised with Porsche customer services twice and still nothing.

It really isn’t worth the hassle anymore but I just don’t like being promised something that I don’t receive.

Signed up at OPC Hull in mid-December and the membership pack arrived this morning.

Guess I need to wander over for the number plate frames, badges, stickers and the like.

Wonder if the 4 wash/vacuums a year extends to this sort of filth......?

aDJwSJe.jpg

Edited by map
Typo
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Boxsum said:

I’m generally impressed how many 986 owners are still using main dealers 👍 Hold on in there! 

Buy OE parts there and drink their coffee.

I keep threatening to have the 111 point check done on my 986 - I fear that so many advisories/fails for non-factory specification elements would be too much for their systems to handle.  

Mind you it would be interesting to ask for a quote to "return to factory".....🤔

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, map said:

I keep threatening to have the 111 point check done on my 986 - I fear that so many advisories ...

Oh please do it, the thought is cracking me up. 

When I first got Bambi I joined a car club and got offered a free Porsche check. Not knowing what a bunch of grasping shysters they are at the time, I went along and had it done. While it was happening I did drink several capuccinos then realised they would factor that into the cost of anything I might accidentally authorize (£70 for one heat shield bolt as I recall). 

Anyway, you should have seen the rap sheet. There was barely a thing on that car which, according to them, didn't need replacing. I immediately went to a Porsche indi for another check and they couldn't find anything wrong, nor did they seem surprised. In the years since then (which are many) only ONE of the things on their list (and I'd wager it wasn't faulty when they looked at it) went wrong and that was the MAF. Everything else is still there (save for tyres, a battery and only a couple of non-costly wear items in recent years).

I also recall that (back then at least - and perhaps still) they had no reservations about displaying some contempt for the 986.

So please, do take your wonderfully grubby car to them for a free wash. I might take Bambi for one, via a local slurry pit. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ½cwt said:

I just worry that a 986 will be cleaned by the apprentice not the lead valeter as it is 'free'.

I would imagine they subcontract out the valeting like a lot of dealerships, so it makes no difference as Porsche will still have to pay them.

I'm sure many 986 owners also have other models so it would be good business to scratch up the peoples classic!

On 2/17/2022 at 10:33 AM, map said:

I keep threatening to have the 111 point check done on my 986 - I fear that so many advisories/fails for non-factory specification elements would be too much for their systems to handle.  

Mind you it would be interesting to ask for a quote to "return to factory".....🤔

Your car Is the least “factory” 986 on the forum, that would indeed be interesting 

On 2/17/2022 at 10:33 AM, map said:

22 hours ago, the baron said:

Your car Is the least “factory” 986 on the forum, that would indeed be interesting 

I think the quote might be 'You've got to be joking mate!'

Anyone watched Hoovies garage on YouTube.Clearly he's filthy rich but seems to have a thing for ratty versions of prestige cars....one of these being a 996. He took his to his local opc for evaluation was presented with an  extremely long list of faults. Bottom line is they tried to fleece him as they didn't know he has nearly 1.4 million subscribers. He named and shamed!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jonogt6 said:

Anyone watched Hoovies garage on YouTube.Clearly he's filthy rich but seems to have a thing for ratty versions of prestige cars....one of these being a 996. He took his to his local opc for evaluation was presented with an  extremely long list of faults. Bottom line is they tried to fleece him as they didn't know he has nearly 1.4 million subscribers. He named and shamed!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

As part of a 260mile potter yesterday I dropped into the OPC and collected my swag:

gR69PYO.jpg
ZfrW2Mr.jpg

Also ordered a replacement key - the discount made that palatable - and enquired about some other stuff.

Where to put the badge though? On the front bumper grills? Somewhere else? Or not at all?

They weren’t over keen to do a 111 point check 🤔 - I’ll wait for them to do an open day or sneak it in under the cover of a Porsche Club open day thingy. 

You've got different sized badges!  

Did they give a reason as to why they weren't keen on doing the 111 point check? If that's part of the classic membership then they're obliged to book you in. 

I've no idea where you can put the badge. I've wracked my brain and gave up. Perhaps on the door interior somewhere, but I haven't looked into it fully. 

37 minutes ago, Photogirl said:

You've got different sized badges

Two designs, badge and key ring in each. 

38 minutes ago, Photogirl said:

Did they give a reason as to why they weren't keen on doing the 111 point check? If that's part of the classic membership then they're obliged to book you in. 

Suspect it’s more to do with Service Dept thing rather than Parts who I was dealing with. There’s no 111 point check element to the membership.

Just had a thought about badge location - what about on the front of the rear view mirror? A bit of glue/sticky stuff ( @Patt?) to hold it in place. Job done. 

2 minutes ago, Stevemorg said:

Had my pack - contains a booklet and a card - do I have to go in to pick up the badge?

Contact teh OPC you registered through, you also get Porsche Classic number plate holders if you want.

gbtR4Ev.jpg 

On 4/14/2022 at 12:10 PM, map said:

Two designs, badge and key ring in each. 

Suspect it’s more to do with Service Dept thing rather than Parts who I was dealing with. There’s no 111 point check element to the membership.

Just had a thought about badge location - what about on the front of the rear view mirror? A bit of glue/sticky stuff ( @Patt?) to hold it in place. Job done. 

3m VHB would do that for you - or rear view mirror pad from Halfrauds

• Thanks 1