If money was no object, which Porsche would you own?

McDonald

Got two heavily modded older Porsches - 3.7 986 and 3.6 911SC (1982) so something modern and nothing like either of those equals the Cayenne GT thingy that was mentioned on here a while ago. 

As much as the Taycan is a tech marvel I’ll have plenty of time (🤞) for elastictrickery powered transport. 

1 hour ago, map said:

Got two heavily modded older Porsches - 3.7 986 and 3.6 911SC (1982) so something modern and nothing like either of those equals the Cayenne GT thingy that was mentioned on here a while ago. 

As much as the Taycan is a tech marvel I’ll have plenty of time (🤞) for elastictrickery powered transport. 

I’d love to have your 3.7 986 😍

1 hour ago, r1flyguy said:

Not sure that’s modern or on the current line up 😁👍🏻

Note to self, must learn to read, however, I’m not sure I want anything newer that my 986

Just now, the baron said:

Note to self, must learn to read, however, I’m not sure I want anything newer that my 986

Thats a good answer 😁👍🏻 A man of humble needs

• Thanks 1

Money no object and nobody would have a Singer? And does the roof on a Spyder really put everybody off?

I only use my Porsche now for days or weeks out touring. We had a great time last year in Scotland with the roof down for most of the 2 weeks so it would have to be a cab for me.

A 718 GTS 4.0 PDK would be nearly ideal but I'm disappointed they stuck with the standard 718 front on the car, it should have the GT4 or Spyder'ish front on it. 

My money no object car would be a 991 or 992 Turbo with a glass sunroof.... or maybe a cab :neo:

Tesla Model 3 Performance please :)

But if someone wants to get all shirty and insist I pick something allegedly better built but with half the warranty I suppose I could slum it in a Taycan Turbo S despite the fact the stupid fekking thing doesn't have a turbo. And some of you think the 911 has smart ar*e marketing :laugh:

On 7/26/2021 at 10:34 AM, DaveEFI said:

I've never liked the idea of a rear engine. It was basically a cheaper way to build a car. And creates so many handling problems only suitable for a low performance vehicle. Of course, clever engineering can overcome the inherent problems to some extent. But the fact remains the 911 is rear engined because the original Porsche was based on the design of a cheap pre WW2 family car design. If that heritage is important to you, fine. I'd rather have a clean sheet chassis design like the Boxster which is based on sound engineering principles. And give the Boxster the same power to weight as the 911, and it runs rings round the 911 in every way.

I totally agree. I just think if I had a go in the latest 911 my head might be turned. Just little.  Don't get me wrong - first choice 718 4.0.

Strange, I have just talked with the Mrs. about it few days ago. She would like to have an R8, after thinking my answer was that I would have love to have CGT but that it makes no sense. Instead, the 987.1-S will be handed to the garage with the instructions of making it as good as new. The logic? I just enjoy this car as I have never enjoyed any other car before it and...will a car costing 80 times more will make me 20 times happier? Guess not.