If money was no object, which Porsche would you own?

McDonald

48 minutes ago, Boxsum said:

Targa 4s heritage for me if I wasn’t a 986 pov.

PC Bournemouth had a Cherry metallic one in the showroom a couple of weeks ago. Absolutely gorgeous! Sadly it was already sold so I couldn't take it home with the bolt i was collecting. :laugh:

• Haha 1

992 GT3 👍🏻 Or the 992 TurboS either one I don’t mind, but as money is no object…..

I’ll take both please 😁

992 4S with Aerokit please - recently spoke to guy who had a 992 Turbo S- said it was too fast to enjoy everyday breaking the speed limit in 2nd gear ! He does however have a few other Porches including a 930 LE,911 Heritage and new Boxster 25 anniversary .

A 718 GTS  PDK in a loud colour. As a kid and teen in the 60's & 70's Porsche just never did it for me, particularly the 911. I think in big  part this was culture and up bringing. Porsche were German, and the war/blitz  held close to my London family. Plus the early 911s are quite ugly to my eye and their sound  was thin and "tinny" to my ear, not a patch on an E-type.  I've changed my position a good bit with the modern 911, they are very different cars, but some of those early feelings still influence my desires. I find that interesting.  A 911 is fundamentally flawed with its engine outback, you either like that aspect of its character and legacy or you dont. The advertising, marketing and product placement of the 911 is second to none though, which is not to say in 2021 it's not a great car, it is, I just cant lust after one, which is just as well, given my pockets and skills 😁

• Like 2

I've never liked the idea of a rear engine. It was basically a cheaper way to build a car. And creates so many handling problems only suitable for a low performance vehicle. Of course, clever engineering can overcome the inherent problems to some extent. But the fact remains the 911 is rear engined because the original Porsche was based on the design of a cheap pre WW2 family car design. If that heritage is important to you, fine. I'd rather have a clean sheet chassis design like the Boxster which is based on sound engineering principles. And give the Boxster the same power to weight as the 911, and it runs rings round the 911 in every way.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

That’s nice but if you put this side by side with a 2013/14 991.1 TurboS which one would you buy????

The reason I ask is because they are the same kind of money?

I had the 997 and prefer the 991 anyday if the week. Personal choice I know.

1 hour ago, the baron said:

I would buy back my 356 speedster or my 356 outlaw, 

7G1zxk5.jpg

M5OWLRc.jpg

Not sure that’s modern or on the current line up 😁👍🏻