What mods have you done to your car?

bally4563

I started thinking about this and then I’ve done that aswell quite surprised when you see a list. So.

Carnewal 200 cell cat manifolds. Replaced OE PSE with exhaust from Spyder performance. Design Tek Air Filter. Gan tuning module. GT3 master Cylinder. Bally Brace. Front Strut Brace. Dash Cowel Delete. Aftermarket Head unit.Porsche OE short shifter. 5mm Wheel Spacers.

This is not including all the preventative maintenance and refurb work, quite at list when you see it all written down!!

9 minutes ago, bally4563 said:

I started thinking about this and then I’ve done that aswell quite surprised when you see a list. So.

Carnewal 200 cell cat manifolds. Replaced OE PSE with exhaust from Spyder performance. Design Tek Air Filter. Gan tuning module. GT3 master Cylinder. Bally Brace. Front Strut Brace. Dash Cowel Delete. Aftermarket Head unit.Porsche OE short shifter. 5mm Wheel Spacers.

This is not including all the preventative maintenance and refurb work, quite at list when you see it all written down!!

Oh! And Underdrive Pulley!!

4 minutes ago, mneil said:

Sounds impressive Mick 😃

5 minutes ago, mneil said:

Sounds impressive Mick 😃

Obviously way too much time on your hands😉

You know me Neil, love tinkering!!

Cayman bumper and rear spoiler, led numberplate lights, Carnewell back box, black twin pipe exhaust trim, rear subframe brace, 7mm and 15mm spacers, Carrera classics in Gunmetal grey,   Eibach 30mm lowered springs, underdrive pulley, Android head unit with USB charging point, Royal steering wheel GT3 master cylinder and Motul RBF 600, aftermarket front light/fogs, Zunsport grills, stick on front number plate, and hopefully Aerokit front splitters on the way.

Edited by Tony Daniel

47 minutes ago, Tony Daniel said:

Cayman bumper and rear spoiler, led numberplate lights, Carnewell back box, rear subframe brace, 7mm and 15mm spacers, Eibach 30mm lowered springs, underdrive pulley, Android head unit with USB charging point, GT3 master cylinder and Motul RBF 600, aftermarket front light/fogs, stick on front number plate, and hopefully Aerokit front splitters on the way.

Tony ,it’s difficult knowing when to stop, I also forgot to mention 19” Design Classics!! Think I’ve covered everything,that are mods water pump AOS front engine mount, plugs, coil packs pads and discs all round, Suspension completely done short of replacing the struts (all preventative maintenance) Should I put this up for sale at some point all the bases are covered

2 hours ago, bally4563 said:

Tony ,it’s difficult knowing when to stop, I also forgot to mention 19” Design Classics!! Think I’ve covered everything,that are mods water pump AOS front engine mount, plugs, coil packs pads and discs all round, Suspension completely done short of replacing the struts (all preventative maintenance) Should I put this up for sale at some point all the bases are covered

Oh yes I forgot new wheels as well.

I think in the future it will be the @RBD914 v2type of mods I will try too concentrate on :neo:. Loving the Aurum wheels Rob, did you spec the car yourself? ...PDK I presume.

31 minutes ago, Tony Daniel said:

Oh yes I forgot new wheels as well.

I think in the future it will be the @RBD914 v2type of mods I will try too concentrate on :neo:. Loving the Aurum wheels Rob, did you spec the car yourself? ...PDK I presume.

No, I went back to a manual gearbox actually Tony.

Yep, I specified the car exactly as I wanted it, nothing too fancy, I didn't want carbon seats, full leather, pdk, climate, cruise, bose, etc, etc.... I wanted a raw, back-to-basics roadster in which I felt 100% involved in the actual driving process.

This objective was achieved in every way, this is (in my opinion) is a great looking driver's car with the minimum of luxuries to detract or distract from the purity of really driving and interacting with a powerful sports car.

I think the 992 experience had left me a bit numbed to these feelings, as it went about its business like any other fast  BMW/Merc/Audi - which left me a little cold to be honest, it certainly didn't excite me or inspire to go out for a drive just for the fun of it.

I wanted that raw excitement of the GTS back, which the Spyder gives me in spades!

This car is not merely a mode of transport, each drive is an "event" and an intoxicating interaction between man and machine!

Try one if you get the chance, the 4.0 F6 718 Spyder is  simply an awesome car in every way!

By the way, I swayed between Black or Aurum wheels for ages, but glad I went Aurum in the end, they really lift the car to another level I think.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, ricof said:

Goodridge braided flexi hoses...that's about it! Car came with black painted alloys and red callipers. I'm happy with it!

That’s another one I had forgotten that I have also done!!

On 8/16/2021 at 6:39 PM, RBD914 v2 said:

This objective was achieved in every way, this is (in my opinion) is a great looking driver's car with the minimum of luxuries to detract or distract from the purity of really driving and interacting with a powerful sports car.

Which is exactly the point. Don't get me wrong any spyder is great but I don't think auto wipers and all that malarkey adds anything to the experience. Well, not for me it wouldn't.

New head unit,

Downsized to 17" Cayman alloys,

Debadged rear,

Porsche Revolution exhaust mod,

& damn your collective hides I'll be adding the front strut brace(s) that I just discovered here & purchased today on fleabay.

I'll look into that bally brace & otherwise I'll refresh the suspension at some point.

I'd convinced myself that I have the car pretty much how I want it till I read about the braces - the suspension refresh was always on the cards. 

Lowered 30mm with H&R springs

Designtek switched exhaust

Pioneer head unit

Red seat belts

Recovered steering wheel

Removed Boxster S and fitted matt black PORSCHE badge

Satin black Cayman side vents

Upgraded to LED all interior lights, side lights and indicators

DRL mod

Upgraded from 18" Cayman to 19" Lobsters

Additional USB charge socket in passenger footwell

Dynamic LED rear lights

Low Temp stat

Dash cam

Reversing camera

Suspension refresh

7mm front and 15mm rear spacers

To do:- spray and fit Cayman rear bumper and spoiler

Wow, that's a longer list than i was expecting. Hope SWMBO doesn't see it 😅

6 hours ago, cptspaulding said:

& damn your collective hides I'll be adding the front strut brace(s) that I just discovered here & purchased today on fleabay.

I'll look into that bally brace & otherwise I'll refresh the suspension at some point.

I'd convinced myself that I have the car pretty much how I want it till I read about the braces - the suspension refresh was always on the cards. 

Hate to say, but if they are the Porsche braces, some 987 shells come with the necessary brackets and some don't.  They are welded on components at the factory so not a retro fit option.

Bally brace 👍

5 hours ago, Deano37 said:

Lowered 30mm with H&R springs

Designtek switched exhaust

Pioneer head unit

Red seat belts

Recovered steering wheel

Removed Boxster S and fitted matt black PORSCHE badge

Satin black Cayman side vents

Upgraded to LED all interior lights, side lights and indicators

DRL mod

Upgraded from 18" Cayman to 19" Lobsters

Additional USB charge socket in passenger footwell

Dynamic LED rear lights

Low Temp stat

Dash cam

Reversing camera

Suspension refresh

7mm front and 15mm rear spacers

To do:- spray and fit Cayman rear bumper and spoiler

Wow, that's a longer list than i was expecting. Hope SWMBO doesn't see it 😅

By any chance @Deano37 did you upgrade the front headlights H7 and H9 to LED?