Oh my - Restomod 986

Daboy3000

4 hours ago, Davey P said:

Come on mate, don't hold back, tell us what you really think... :lol:

Don't get me started!!

BTW, what's the "functional outlet" actually for? Is it a chimney from the exhaust silencer to make your boot less useful and much hotter? Or is it a drain pipe to keep the exhaust clamps wet so they corrode quicker?

50 minutes ago, dpg123 said:

BTW, what's the "functional outlet" actually for? 

Could it be an enhanced drain channel for the hood...?  No need for a trombone cleaner, you can just poke your whole arm in there to clear the drain channels! :lol:

On 11/29/2021 at 8:23 PM, Davey P said:

Could it be an enhanced drain channel for the hood...?  No need for a trombone cleaner, you can just poke your whole arm in there to clear the drain channels! :lol:

Lads

It's obviously some form of heat vent for the engine. Clearly their PowerPoint skills aren't that good. Blue Air in via the side pods and red air out the drain pipe. Don't forget it's a lot hotter in Italy than it is here. These early 2.5 Boxsters get really hot pulling round over weight Italians with froot full of vino tinto.

The best bit about this pic is the rear wheel. I love a bit of tyre wall and this doesn't disappoint.

Porsche-Boxster-Retromod-air-systen.jpg

4 hours ago, ATM said:

It's obviously some form of heat vent for the engine. Clearly their PowerPoint skills aren't that good. Blue Air in via the side pods and red air out the drain pipe.

But look at the tube in the boot. It’s not over the engine, it’s over the gearbox. 
Maybe it’s to let the teeth escape. 

As far as I have read about this, the side vent acts as an inlet when driving and the hot air escapes under the rear bumper by the venturi effect. So that poxy vertical pipe could possibly draw out some heat due to the airflow over the boot lid.

When stationary, and when hot enough, the fan kicks in. But, I thought it blew air out. In other forums I’ve read people swearing it pulls air in. Anyway, that poxy pipe looks ugly and is probably non-functional.

6 hours ago, ATM said:

Lads

It's obviously some form of heat vent for the engine. Clearly their PowerPoint skills aren't that good. Blue Air in via the side pods and red air out the drain pipe. Don't forget it's a lot hotter in Italy than it is here. These early 2.5 Boxsters get really hot pulling round over weight Italians with froot full of vino tinto.

The best bit about this pic is the rear wheel. I love a bit of tyre wall and this doesn't disappoint.

Porsche-Boxster-Retromod-air-systen.jpg

It’s also a drainpipe for the water that collects in the fake grills, I wonder where this drains too if it is supposedly for air escapement 

On the original cars air would have been drawn in through those grilles by the big fan on the air cooled engine.  What it achieves who knows unless there is an additional fan in the tube to draw hot air out of or into the engine bay.