Oh my - Restomod 986

Daboy3000

3 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

1972 daddy shagged his 1997 daughter, who gave birth to this.

That folks is why incest is illegal.

May be a multi generational ménage a trois as there are some 2005 rear inlets on there too....

"Poor thing, just why?"

I have to agree. I understand resto-modding but can't see the point of this.  The mods seem to be modifications for the sake of modifications, they arn't subtle and, to my eyes, do nothing to improve the starting point.   I doubt there are any mechanical improvements.

Hmmm perhaps it's an European thing.

Italians know a thing or two about style so maybe it is just not to your tastes.

Me, I quite like it but couldn't see why you would spend more when the original was just fine and dandy.

I actually don’t mind it, taking cues from the the 356 outlaws, the back end being better than the front, would I have one NO, but can see why someone might love it, the bits are all a bit too twee, not aggressive enough, lights and indicators too small, front lights too small, if you look at the 356 Speedsters it’s not go the same simplicity.

Basically it’s trying to hard…

• Like 1

yeah, its a no from me. it looks ghastly.

though just realised, the company call it a retro-mod, not a resto-mod. so rather than taking an old car and restoring it and modifying it to bring it up to date, they've taking a relatively modern car and made it look old. which i guess i've only ever seen virtual renders of. like this 1945 bugatti veyron

546cbf1fe3a3c_-_bugatti_veyron_1945_by_r

16 hours ago, Boxob said:

"Poor thing, just why?"

I have to agree. I understand resto-modding but can't see the point of this.  The mods seem to be modifications for the sake of modifications, they aren't subtle and, to my eyes, do nothing to improve the starting point.   I doubt there are any mechanical improvements.

This ^ pretty much sums it up :thumbsup_anim:

3 hours ago, brillomaster said:

yeah, its a no from me. it looks ghastly.

though just realised, the company call it a retro-mod, not a resto-mod. so rather than taking an old car and restoring it and modifying it to bring it up to date, they've taking a relatively modern car and made it look old. which i guess i've only ever seen virtual renders of. like this 1945 bugatti veyron

546cbf1fe3a3c_-_bugatti_veyron_1945_by_r

Retro mod = backdate in Porsche world. Load of old 911s made to look like even older 911s out there. 

52 minutes ago, Daboy3000 said:

Are you forgetting something? 

Fiat_Multipla_(2002)_(29392161886).jpg

Have always liked these Gen1 versions - yes seriously.

This sort of metallic colour didn’t do the unorthodox shape any favours as it worked better in darker colours.

Very smart packaging, clever construction and actually quite a nice thing to drive in its day. Proper 6 seater with a decent boot.

On 11/28/2021 at 11:19 AM, map said:

Have always liked these Gen1 versions - yes seriously.

This sort of metallic colour didn’t do the unorthodox shape any favours as it worked better in darker colours.

Very smart packaging, clever construction and actually quite a nice thing to drive in its day. Proper 6 seater with a decent boot.

Here you go :

https://www.chinamobil.ru/eng/zotye/m300/

It lives on... 

On 11/25/2021 at 4:44 PM, Daboy3000 said:

Good Lord! I laughed out loud when I saw this! It's like they went to the aisle in Halfords where they stock the fake "GTI" badges and chrome wiper arm covers, and bought everything, went home and spent 20 minutes splattering it all over their car! What are those headlights and front indicator/vents all about?! That handle on the bonnet?? The front bumper chrome thingys? It's hideous!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dpg123 said:

Good Lord! I laughed out loud when I saw this! It's like they went to the aisle in Halfords where they stock the fake "GTI" badges and chrome wiper arm covers, and bought everything, went home and spent 20 minutes splattering it all over their car! What are those headlights and front indicator/vents all about?! That handle on the bonnet?? The front bumper chrome thingys? It's hideous!

Come on mate, don't hold back, tell us what you really think... :lol:

• Haha 1