Not smoke and mirrors!!

bally4563

Fitted mine a few years ago, for such a simple gadget it does make it feel like you have a different car. Once you get used to it put it back to standard, the car feels flat. A friend of mines wife has a golf R and wanted a go in my Boxster, being less powerful than her golf I put it in race mode. She now wants a Boxster :) 

1 hour ago, bally4563 said:

Just fitted a sprint booster, the response off the accelerator, is phenomenal!! Wish I fitted one sooner.

....excellent mod mate.... different car indeed.... how does it fair with your Gan+ tuner...?

1 hour ago, skoosh1970 said:

...what setting do you guys have it set too.... i use sport 8.

Sport 5 (sometimes 6) - anything above this can get unruly in lower gears (plenty of wheel spin if not careful), reminds me of my old M5 with its dual clutch box which always needed a sensitive right foot. Only time mine isn't switched on now is when driving in towns or slow traffic when the standard setting feels more appropriate.

Keith

Top man.... have to say that the difference between Sport and Race mode is only slightly marginal in my opinion. Interested to hear how well it works with your tune though..?

Bought mine from Design911 last year.... make sure it's set to suit the transmission of the car... ie: auto or manual.... switch on the side if i remember correctly.

Si.

36 minutes ago, skoosh1970 said:

Nope, but make sure to use both thumbs, one on top of the other and push the grey clip into you hear the click.... 10 minute job.

Just get a torch to light up the area , and yes manual option selected.

3 hours ago, ½cwt said:

@bally4563 does it work in parallel with the GAN+ ??

Yes pal,the Gan doesn’t give the throttle response, however, this is a nice peice of kit, instant response, feels like you have an extra 100 bhp!! Which I know it doesn’t do that, but again very impressed 

5 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

What's this like compared to the 987 "Sport" mode which some of us have, do you know?

Probably better because you can set it to what options you prefer 

Just now, funbobby said:

With the VAT they charge i have seen cheaper elsewhere unless im missing something?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bally4563 said:

Just fitted a sprint booster, the response off the accelerator, is phenomenal!! Wish I fitted one sooner.

Told you Bally-Mick.

Cheers, Baggers.

13 minutes ago, bagss2 said:

Told you Bally-Mick.

Cheers, Baggers.

I know you did Paul and I resisted, now I regret your informative advice!!! But now it’s done, get the parts for your car so I can fix it !

Racechip do a similar toy. Not so many features/levels but a bit cheaper....

https://www.racechip.co.uk/shop/porsche/boxster-987-2004-to-2011/spyder-3-4-3436ccm-320hp-235kw-370nm.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7f2igaCT9gIVFIBQBh1RmwA-EAQYASABEgJX9fD_Bw

Prob still does the job. Although I like the sprint booster feature that turns the throttle off.