Spyder v GTS

MH82

4 minutes ago, MH82 said:

I have yes; and it’s a good buy. My issue is if I had a gts I’d want the gts interior. I changed my old 987.2S interior to be gts like with the alcantara etc and that’s one of the elements that draws me to the car sadly.

I'd offer you mine, but I know you don't like the wheels!!😂

7 minutes ago, MH82 said:

I have yes; and it’s a good buy. My issue is if I had a gts I’d want the gts interior. I changed my old 987.2S interior to be gts like with the alcantara etc and that’s one of the elements that draws me to the car sadly.

No worries, good luck finding one that fits what you want 

2 minutes ago, MH82 said:

And 40k plus for a 987 Spyder?

It's just because I've been around too long and prices now just seem strange. 

You won't lose out on either to be fair, the 987 Spyder is a cracker certainly feel a little better but I prefer the sound, interior and styling of the 981.

6 minutes ago, MH82 said:

I’ve always been a fan of the 987 Spyder but I don’t think they are worth what they are charging now.

The 981 is a much more modern car and the PDK is a lot better than in my old 987.2. Black Edition. Plus the sound is epic in the 981 with PSE 👌

I think a 981 GTS in the spec you are after would be the ideal choice but like you I’ve always fancied the 981 Spyder. The big downside for me apart from the price is they are all manual and the PDK in my 981 is so good I don’t think I could go back to a manual.

But I’m enjoying reading your thread and interested to see which way you go👍

16 hours ago, MH82 said:

I think this is a victim of the current lack of investment opportunities for the wealthy. Supply and demand forces the price up, but the demand is not for the best drivers car ever, it is for a rare collectible that should hold its price. A normal environment might give these a 5k premium over a Black Edition (same bhp, a few more kg) but not 12-15k over. 

1 hour ago, Menoporsche said:

I think this is a victim of the current lack of investment opportunities for the wealthy. Supply and demand forces the price up, but the demand is not for the best drivers car ever, it is for a rare collectible that should hold its price. A normal environment might give these a 5k premium over a Black Edition (same bhp, a few more kg) but not 12-15k over. 

Same applies to the current 981 GTS prices, I sold my low mileage 2015 GTS 2 years ago for £43,000.

Now the same car now is £53,000, even though it is two years older! The 981S prices seem more sensible though 

My one year old 718 Spyder is currently worth over £10k more than I paid for it - strange times indeed!

1 hour ago, RBD914 v2 said:

Same applies to the current 981 GTS prices, I sold my low mileage 2015 GTS 2 years ago for £43,000.

Now the same car now is £53,000, even though it is two years older! The 981S prices seem more sensible though 

My one year old 718 Spyder is currently worth over £10k more than I paid for it - strange times indeed!

About a 10k gap factoring in dealer, age, mileage as there was then and as there is now.

Either way there are a lot of cars sitting around without a buyer at the current level. I'm seeing the Cayenne drop back a little now, I was looking at them very closely before COVID.

• 1 month later...
On 2/22/2022 at 8:03 PM, daz05 said:

I really thought the 718 4.0l GTS would be something really special when it was first announced, a GTS with a real unique selling point and its own engine. I would still have one but unfortunately I don't think the character and drama you get from the 3.4l has been achieved.

Probably one of the reasons I want to keep mine.

i remember the excitment I had when I heard about a 4.0 GTS coming out but it ended up as being a nothing burger for me. real big shame

4 hours ago, IATM said:

i remember the excitment I had when I heard about a 4.0 GTS coming out but it ended up as being a nothing burger for me. real big shame

I had a run out with a gt4 pdk recently, when the opportunity allowed we tested the acceleration of the 3.4 against it, can confirm it did not pull away, the long gearing does it no favours. I could barely hear it either because of the noise the 981 makes. The gt4 looked very planted on the corners mind.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, daz05 said:

I had a run out with a gt4 pdk recently, when the opportunity allowed we tested the acceleration of the 3.4 against it, can confirm it did not pull away, the long gearing does it no favours. I could barely hear it either because of the noise the 981 makes. The gt4 looked very planted on the corners mind.

I know the 718 in general will be newer and is better to drive but the sense of occasion with the 981 GTS is just incredible for me. I had a Boxster S for 2 years and loved it. I will be on the look out for a BGTS 981 now.

Edited by IATM
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Raffe said:

I rear drove a 718 GTS 4.0 and the OPF genuinely robs it of the theatre the 981 GTS has, I cancelled my new car order and bought a 981 GTS, very happy too.

Forgive my ignorance, what’s OPF? Very relevant as I have a 718 4.0 GTS PDK on order so all information is of major interest.

cheers.

2 minutes ago, martyn said:

Forgive my ignorance, what’s OPF? Very relevant as I have a 718 4.0 GTS PDK on order so all information is of major interest.

cheers.

I think they might mean GPF rather than OPF which is:

Gasoline particulate filters (GPF) are used to remove particulate matter from the exhaust gas from a gasoline direct injection (GDI) engine

• Thanks 1