4 Year Maintenance Cost

Graham W

My 718s is coming up for it's 4 year service in June this year.  Due to Buttercup it's only done 14K miles but will get a good workout this year in Spain/Portugal and France😆.However, it will need the service before we go.  With this in mind I called into Reading OPC to get a quote.  See attached image!!UNovOtE.jpg?1

Those items with a blue cross against them are "optional" sir.  I guess I'll be visiting my local Indie even though I've got Extended Warranty until next year.

Get any old tyre sealant from Halfrauds too.  At the end of the day they all plug a hole!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Graham W said:

My 718s is coming up for it's 4 year service in June this year.  Due to Buttercup it's only done 14K miles but will get a good workout this year in Spain/Portugal and France😆.However, it will need the service before we go.  With this in mind I called into Reading OPC to get a quote.  See attached image!!UNovOtE.jpg?1

Those items with a blue cross against them are "optional" sir.  I guess I'll be visiting my local Indie even though I've got Extended Warranty until next year.

I’d suggest if you are looking to keep the car and renew the warranty on it later then check if the last service at warranty renewal needs to have been done by an OPC. That was the case in my onboarding a car into the warranty but I don’t know re any warranty renewal in your circumstances.

Edited by iborguk

If you have a warranty and do need to claim on it by using an Indy you are giving the warranty (its an insurance company) an easy get out if it relates to engine, plugs or other service items.

Daylight robbery! My 718 is 2 years old in August and whilst its only a minor service and brake fluid, I am bracing myself. Will try a few OPC's within reasonable travelling distance and then hopefully get my local OPC to price match if they initially quote higher.

Graham, my 2017 718S needed its 4 year service in June 21 It was also on 13K miles.

Like you, I found some dealers quoting ridiculous prices, then a friend recommended I try Porsche mid Sussex. They operate (or did last year) a fixed price scheme to help compete with the independents even though the official Porsche scheme has ceased. They quoted me £975 including Vat and brake fluid, tyre sealant and spark plugs. I guess their prices will have increased this year, but I suspect they will be considerably less than you have been quoted.

The downside is the drive to Mid Sussex - they wanted the car overnight, but provided a Macan as a courtesy car. If you can spare the time to drive there, it may well be worth while. 

Edited by crazybones
  • Like 2

I had a major service (4 years old) & MOT on my 718 in Sept 2020

Spark plugs & brake fluid change done as well

I was charged £976.31 at OPC Silverstone and the next service is free due to the spark plug issues they had with my car:D

Edited by Pezky

Just to round this off, I've now booked the car in to Porsche Northway (near OPC Reading) for the princely sum of £770 +VAT (fixed price servicing).  Saving around £1,200.  Can't see how Porsche can justify their charges but there again I guess they don't need to!

• 1 month later...

Just collected he car from Northway Porsche and the bill came to £667 inc. VAT, Major service, Plug and brake fluid change and a MOT!  Spent a little more at Tesco filling the tank.  It stopped at £99, the credit card limit, and it still wasn't full!!  

I'm off to Spain/Portugal and France next week for 21 days driving and sight seeing, it'll be interesting to compare fuel prices.

21 hours ago, Boyo said:

How come it was quite a bit less than the first price Northway quoted you. Also, what were your impressions of Northway.

The final price was lower than my original estimate because I factored in a belt replacement and Northway said this wasn't necessary due to the low mileage and condition of the car.

A friendly bunch of people with a great reputation amongst the Porsche fraternity.  Most, if not all of them are ex Porsche technicians poached from OPC Reading which is just a short drive away and they use Porsche parts.  I first took my 981 to them a few years ago and they did an excellent job and as soon as my 718 was out of Porsche warranty it was a no brainer due to the OPC cost against theirs.  Porsche, of course will not like this if I ever want to trade it in with them. On the plus side I saved over £1k for petrol vouchers and smiles😉.

On 4/13/2022 at 12:31 PM, NICTRY said:

£85.76 for sealant 🤐

£20 for amazon or halfords - total joke.

£300 for aircon service, seriously no wonder people think twice about using OPCs.

Yes the air con recharge is expensive,  but the car will use R1234yf refrigerant, still double though.

I used Northway to fit my pse on my 718.

Great guys and Ray is a great guy and a Ducati fan , been a few times on my bikes in the good old days.

They did have problems though, they had trouble programming it in.

I had 5 visits back, when they programmed it they would loose other settings, got a bit annoying tbh . In the end they couldnt do it so ended up at an Opc to finish.

The car has 3 networks and 2 servers , my conclusion was it will take a few years for them to catch up with the tech?

Porsche arent that forthcoming training others.

Edited by MIkeyv60