Spa Franchorchamps F1 track public driving experience (PDE)

andygo

My wife and I were at Spa on tuesday to have a potter round on one of their four per year public Driving Days.

Brilliantly organised, so laid back, so efficient. Full of some very fast cars,- Ferraris, M3's of various states of tune, but also lots of Porkers, also variously tuned. What a great day out!

We had a bit of a dice with a German guy in his 718 Cayman, lots of thumbs up and shaking of hands and grins.

• Like 1

She actually loves it, but perhaps not so much when getting a bit close. I think she is starting to develop an imagination! 

She had a session driving that day. She has a long history of co-driving for me on tarmac stage rallies and night rallies back in the day. She can be a handy driver as well, competeing in sprints occasionally so knows the craic..

14 hours ago, Andy Mac said:

Similar feelings here … Integra Type R - track day years ago… then a few days at the Ring in the same trip amazing time …

489-F83-D3-F675-4-FAE-9-E64-6-ECA5-B6671

62-A9-F5-B6-6965-455-B-B183-8-F65-A9648-

Integra Type R, the only front drive car I've ever spun on track!. Took my Carlton 3000 GSi to Spa, amazing track!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bike Loon said:

Yeah it weird... my palms sweat going up a step ladder but I am happy to hurtle round a track at near 200mph on a motorbike 🤣

Same here, although I must say having a roof on a car helps. I have raced single seaters and they are pretty visceral although obviously not as mad as a bike!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bike Loon said:

Yeah it weird... my palms sweat going up a step ladder but I am happy to hurtle round a track at near 200mph on a motorbike 🤣

Clearly,  you fear a little pain much more than an instant death  😂

PS Nice video btw 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1