Another CarPlay option

zagamuffin

11 hours ago, zagamuffin said:

This is probably the best Carplay/ Android Auto unit on the market now for the PCM 3.1. 

Its a similar set up to the NM Automotive and JoyAuto but the output is now digital through the Most system so better sound quality if you have Bose or Burmester

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good videos on the web site showing functionality and installation too. And it clearly states that it will work with OEM or non-OEM reversing camera, and that phone calls are handled with the OEM microphone but Siri etc with the supplied one.  Unlike some of the other solutions they seem to have answered many of the questions before they are asked. Thanks for posting the link. 

3 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

I think several people had this or a previous version, under various brand names, with a long thread by @Withy
I need to find a cheap solution for my 2.1, this might be one. 

Isn’t the pcm 2.1 offering the a2dp Bluetooth offering that replaces the auto changer rather than a car play add on ? 

Could be. Frankly Bluetooth / satnav directions through speakers would address most of my needs. If I could mirror phone screen onto the PCM screen for the Google Maps, so much the better. I've no interest in a music player.

• Like 1

Yes I've seen it before, it's not the same as Isudar.

I like that it's using the original TV source and you get better quality sound rather than the Aux, I've seen that you can tap into the OEM mic wire too so you don't need an additional microphone.

9 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

Could be. Frankly Bluetooth / satnav directions through speakers would address most of my needs. If I could mirror phone screen onto the PCM screen for the Google Maps, so much the better. I've no interest in a music player.

One possible option for Bluetooth depending on whether you have BOSE or not...

https://www.mr12volt.com/en-gb/collections/most-bluetooth-handsfree-adapters/products/p600-lp1605po

Edited by iborguk
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, zagamuffin said:

Davey

was considering that as well till I saw the audio improvement in Mr12v on Most bus so that’s swayed me,report back in your install and so will I 

Will do mate, I'm just waiting for a friend of mine to install it for me, and I'll do a full write up of how it goes.  He's a BMW trained Master Technician, so I trust him to do a good job. However, he doesn't have anywhere to work on it under cover, so we're waiting until the weather improves before he sorts it out.

I should add, I'm mainly interested in hooking up my phone via the Bluetooth so I can use Waze instead of my Tom Tom sat nav.  I'm not really interested in listening to music while driving, and I rarely - if ever - use my phone to make/receive calls, although that will be a useful bonus feature.  With hindsight, I probably should have looked around and bought a Cayman with more bells and whistles included :lol:  However, I am still thrilled with the car, and absolutely loving it every time I drive it :thumbsup_still:

8 hours ago, zagamuffin said:

Think I’ll look into this now as have a new car coming, it’s the only thing that ages the 981 so prob should get it sorted before road trip in May 

Got exactly the same need - road tripping France for 2 weeks in May and need to sort.

I’m torn between this and the NM Auto, think I’m swaying Mr12V tbh

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Raffe said:

Got exactly the same need - road tripping France for 2 weeks in May and need to sort.

I’m torn between this and the NM Auto, think I’m swaying Mr12V tbh

I may be your Guinea pig lol , how about a group buy 

• 2 months later...

Has anyone got a parking camera suggestion / recommendation / link that will work with the Mr12volt system?

also, i am finding the CarPlay audio for the Mr12volt sometimes doesn’t connect (CarPlay is working, but the CarPlay audio doesn’t play) 

After cycling the ignition off and on, teh CarPlay audio plays without an issue.

anyone else experience this?

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, scaramanga said:

@Davey P how did your install go ?  Happy with the unit ? 

I couldn't get the kit to work, and ended up selling it half price to one of our members on here, and he got it working successfully - See this thread for more details:

Might be worth sending the buyer a PM if you want to know more.  I switched back to the bog standard stereo set up, which never gets switched on (I never listen to music or use the phone while driving anyway), and I just use Waze on my phone for sat nav. Sometimes it's better to keep things simple... ☺️

On 4/17/2023 at 12:58 PM, moonshine said:

Has anyone got a parking camera suggestion / recommendation / link that will work with the Mr12volt system?

also, i am finding the CarPlay audio for the Mr12volt sometimes doesn’t connect (CarPlay is working, but the CarPlay audio doesn’t play) 

After cycling the ignition off and on, teh CarPlay audio plays without an issue.

anyone else experience this?

uh oh missed this comment in my research did it ever go away?

my Mr12volt is in transit

12 hours ago, Dubdubz said:

uh oh missed this comment in my research did it ever go away?

my Mr12volt is in transit

Yes.

the problem seems to be associated with having the phone also paired  to the car Bluetooth,

delete  phone pairing on the pcm and simply  use  phone via carplay

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, moonshine said:

Yes.

the problem seems to be associated with having the phone also paired  to the car Bluetooth,

delete  phone pairing on the pcm and simply  use  phone via carplay

I had this problem with the Isudar board. Still had it paired with PCM:axehead: