Show off your garage..!!

Evening all,  moved house on Friday and pleased to say I now have a garage for the Box. 

5m x 2.5m which is pretty tight,  didn't realise she was as big as she is until I got her tucked away. 

So,  i'm looking for ideas and tips to maximise the space... Floor tiles,  shelves etc... 

Let's see what you've done. 

Si 

I’m on another forum where you wouldn’t dare ask that - you’d get pictures of some stunning setups bigger than my entire house!

I would say rubber tiled floor from BigDug, paint it all white and some LED panel ceiling lights.  And some shelves.

S

There has been a garage thread before. @r1flyguy had a nice single. Here's my old one. It has been converted to an office and I reconverted it back again. I e now got a double and all the flags and posters in a box on a shelf. 

https://www.BoXa.net/topic/59044-edcs-550-anniversary/?do=findComment&comment=764179

8 hours ago, edc said:

There has been a garage thread before. @r1flyguy had a nice single. Here's my old one. It has been converted to an office and I reconverted it back again. I e now got a double and all the flags and posters in a box on a shelf. 

https://www.BoXa.net/topic/59044-edcs-550-anniversary/?do=findComment&comment=764179

You have a very good memory dear sir :worship:

1 hour ago, r1flyguy said:

You have a very good memory dear sir :worship:

Or, YOU have a very good garage  ;)

I was just describing your choice of kitchen cabinets to a colleague last week.

Edited by EXY
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, EXY said:

Or, YOU have a very good garage  ;)

I was just describing your choice of kitchen cabinets to a colleague last week.

You mean choice of ‘use’ for kitchen cabinets! Given half the chance SWMBO would fill them with tinned good instead of car cleaning stuff! She’s already stolen a space in my shed for yet another freezer 😵💫

27 minutes ago, r1flyguy said:

You mean choice of ‘use’ for kitchen cabinets! Given half the chance SWMBO would fill them with tinned good instead of car cleaning stuff! She’s already stolen a space in my shed for yet another freezer 😵💫

While the cat's away, the mice will play...

• Sad 1

Mine is only a single but a bit wider in a few places, had a wide double garage before and it was great, didn't appreciate it until I got this downgrade.

Previously in this single I used to fit in my Elise snug up against the wall and a Vespa alongside, now with the much fatter Boxster I have to breathe in when putting it away and the scooter lives up a covered alleyway instead.

This is one wall, apart from the bit of Jordan it doesn't look the same now though as the artwork is in a constant state of flux.  Got some bigger paintings dotted around now and they will change again.  All the pictures are by the same artist even though he's a bit of a tw*t.

Note the carpet floor tiles stuck to the wall, got them all the way around and double-height.  A nice thin buffer to stop any door damage, I still open it gingerly mind you.

94F11FE1-35C5-4235-8E06-F5D895C6D777.jpg

1 minute ago, moospeed said:

It was crashed at Silverstone, whilst it's the same car as Schumi's first outing in F1 it wasn't him driving that car at the time.

I was at Spa in '91, a mile in and clutch failure for Schumacher. Andrea de Cesaris'  work or was it Gachot in the Silverstone shunt?

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2023 at 8:15 PM, skoosh1970 said:

Evening all,  moved house on Friday and pleased to say I now have a garage for the Box. 

5m x 2.5m which is pretty tight,  didn't realise she was as big as she is until I got her tucked away. 

So,  i'm looking for ideas and tips to maximise the space... Floor tiles,  shelves etc... 

Let's see what you've done. 

Si 

Hi Si,

My old house was similar size (standard UK garage size at 2.4x4.9m). Like you I thought it felt massive until I actually put a car in it. :lol:

I painted mine all white and parked the car up against one side. I found it had plenty of room for my Cayman. I was going to have it all plastered to really finish it off, but I didn't want to lose any of the width, so just painted it instead.

When I changed to the bigger 911, there was still room behind it to store the hard top - and in the picture below some tyres too! I had a small cabinet on the wall and painted a red stripe around the edge, just to break up the colours.

HEeFkRj.jpg

Red cabinet on the wall was from Ikea kitchens, to store my AutoGlym products. I wanted high gloss and no door handles and this fit the bill perfectly. I put a few canvases on the wall of my old cars (canvas in case they dropped off so that they didn't damage the car), and I had a mini petrol pump at the back. :D 

HEeFUxV.jpg

Please excuse all the cr*p on the floor! I painted the floor with a grey garage floor point and I thought it looked quite nice overall.

I can't find a picture of the floor finished though. Here is the colour which I had in the old garage (this is a pic of the new garage but to give you an idea):

HEeFNUu.jpg

I had planned to put down Dynotile on the floor, but didn't get around to it. I've since done that in my new garage though and I think they look great! 

This was my plan for the new garage:

HEeFvOx.jpg

This was the end result:

HEeFeHb.jpg

And with the Porsche also in place, realising the dream of the original picture:

HEeFgWB.jpg

The Porsche lettering is made of metal and I found this online somewhere.

HEeKt2e.jpg

Hope that helps!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Paul O said:

Hi Si,

My old house was similar size (standard UK garage size at 2.4x4.9m). Like you I thought it felt massive until I actually put a car in it. :lol:

I painted mine all white and parked the car up against one side. I found it had plenty of room for my Cayman. I was going to have it all plastered to really finish it off, but I didn't want to lose any of the width, so just painted it instead.

When I changed to the bigger 911, there was still room behind it to store the hard top - and in the picture below some tyres too! I had a small cabinet on the wall and painted a red stripe around the edge, just to break up the colours.

HEeFkRj.jpg

Red cabinet on the wall was from Ikea kitchens, to store my AutoGlym products. I wanted high gloss and no door handles and this fit the bill perfectly. I put a few canvases on the wall of my old cars (canvas in case they dropped off so that they didn't damage the car), and I had a mini petrol pump at the back. :D 

HEeFUxV.jpg

Please excuse all the cr*p on the floor! I painted the floor with a grey garage floor point and I thought it looked quite nice overall.

I can't find a picture of the floor finished though. Here is the colour which I had in the old garage (this is a pic of the new garage but to give you an idea):

HEeFNUu.jpg

I had planned to put down Dynotile on the floor, but didn't get around to it. I've since done that in my new garage though and I think they look great! 

This was my plan for the new garage:

HEeFvOx.jpg

This was the end result:

HEeFeHb.jpg

And with the Porsche also in place, realising the dream of the original picture:

HEeFgWB.jpg

The Porsche lettering is made of metal and I found this online somewhere.

HEeKt2e.jpg

Hope that helps!

Looks fantastic and I love the Porsche lettering. If ever you recall where it came from please do share 🙂

• Like 1

Pretty sure it was from us! Unfortunately we no longer do them as the supplier was so unreliable

The PORSCHE sign in my garage is made from red plastic and came from Ebay, pretty sure he listed 2 sizes

• Thanks 1

Cheers for the replies and pics all....started painting the block walls with white masonry paint yesterday.  Going to paint the newly plastered ceiling black I think. Started researching interlocking pvc floor tiles which I'm going to defo use once I've decided on colour and design. Had also planned on buying the Boxster profile decal from Zen graphics for the wall plus framed photos of all my old steeds.  Got plenty of wooden shelf stacks for storage .

Will keep up this thread updated as I progress.

Si 

17 minutes ago, skoosh1970 said:

started painting the block walls with white masonry paint yesterday. 

Does it go straight onto breeze blocks & brick or do you apply a sealant first?

I'm asking because I painted two garage floors before learning (on this forum) that you're supposed to apply sealant to the floor before painting.

1 hour ago, McDonald said:

Does it go straight onto breeze blocks & brick or do you apply a sealant first?

I'm asking because I painted two garage floors before learning (on this forum) that you're supposed to apply sealant to the floor before painting.

I think people do recommend this yes.

Persoanlly I didn’t bother and just used new wall paint (might have been plaster paint or masonary I can’t remember), then layered on the dulux. I think I ended up doing four or five coats on the breeze to get it looking half decent. It was pretty time consuming but got there in the end.

Edited by Paul O