Cheap 996

Del_tl1000r

Well the garage has quite a bit on line and is a ltd company with filed accounts. They have two 911’s for sale at the moment. 

22 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

Not sure the 996 has seat belt pretensioners either

So we are thinking this is not a scam then? 🤔

55 minutes ago, 999mch said:

Well the garage has quite a bit on line and is a ltd company with filed accounts. They have two 911’s for sale at the moment. 

OK, but they clearly don't know their product .  I won't be rushing there to buy.  If their sales efforts are that shoddy, how about any after sales issue resolution?

This particular one: no MOT between 2014 and 2022 and if last service was at 77K, that was 10 years ago as mileage at Dec 2012 MOT was 78k... so no wonder its cheap...

Oh and look at the bonnet panel fit and colour match on the other 911 you refer to.  A mixture of street side and composite pictures in the stock listings with a few in a real showroom and a peculiar mix of stock of over 400 vehicles that certainly don't match the 'high' end stock on the first couple of pages listed at £2.5k and below...

May not be an outright scam, but caveat emptor as they said in Rome.

Edited by ½cwt

23 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

OK, but they clearly don't know their product .  I won't be rushing there to buy.  If their sales efforts are that shoddy, how about any after sales issue resolution?

This particular one: no MOT between 2014 and 2022 and if last service was at 77K, that was 10 years ago as mileage at Dec 2012 MOT was 78k... so no wonder its cheap...

Oh and look at the bonnet panel fit and colour match on the other 911 you refer to.  A mixture of street side and composite pictures in the stock listings with a few in a real showroom and a peculiar mix of stock of over 400 vehicles that certainly don't match the 'high' end stock on the first couple of pages listed at £2.5k and below...

May not be an outright scam, but caveat emptor as they said in Rome.

I wouldn't disagree with you at all. if i was buying it I would want the spare tyre sorted, so why not do it before taking photo's ! Sell as a 'doer upper' and be honest about it. 

10 hours ago, edc said:

Stock pictures from a BCA auction. 

^ This.

Common on Autotrader, means they have bought it at auction and likely haven't actually got the car yet but are keen to advertise immediately...

Example with same background, usually through WBAC:- http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202301283704226?atmobcid=soc3

Caveat Emptor in this case as has been said!

A picture wearing that space saver and grubby seats will no doubt get some buyer's juices running that there is quick easy money to be made.

How much did they pay for it? Ad says to me they bought it cheap and it turned out to be a total lemon, stood for years (no doubt because there is something seriously wrong with the engine) and uneconomic to repair. Not worth them ploughing any more money in, flip it quick to get out as soon as possible and hope to break even without incurring another set of auction fees.

Don't think even Wheeler Dealers would bodge that one up with an oil change and vinyl stripes.

There's something, probably lots of things questionable about the history and condition of this car. The mileage in 2006 looking rather odd! MOT history since 2005 on a 2001 car.. hmmm. It may have been off the road for a year, but nothing adds up. Timing belt kit on cam chain car. 

Looks like the usual case of a dealer (wearing pink slippers) putting zero effort into giving the full picture.