Auto Roof Raise on 987

Terryg

I was reading a 987 Facebook page recently and an owners 2 year old had discovered the auto raise function on his 987. I wasn't the only one on there who had been keeping his finger one the button whilst trying to look cool exiting car parks, is this function common knowledge?

To open, touch the close button briefly followed by the open button, to close, do the opposite. The car must be going between 8mph and 30mph.

Yes I know it is the instructional manual.

Maybe the 987.2 is slightly different but you don’t need to do the “opposite button” first bit.  Just press it the way you want it to go between those speeds and it’s one touch.

18 minutes ago, Paul P said:

Maybe the 987.2 is slightly different but you don’t need to do the “opposite button” first bit.  Just press it the way you want it to go between those speeds and it’s one touch.

One touch on mine when moving, no need for opposite button movement.

No need for the opposite button press here either.

I have ended up looking foolish twice now in traffic where I've slowed down below 8 mph and the operation stops mid way leaving me scrambling for the button.

Also I've noticed a couple of times that when I've closed the roof on the approach home it rips my "failed elastic fix" and I've had to redo it because the bead is back on the outside of the frame. I guess that's down to the air parachuting the roof fabric.

Or maybe I just used rubbish elastic.

I seen the Facebook post too but wasn’t sure what they were talking about as I’ve never had to press close before pressing open, I suppose people will read that and try it then find that it works and keep doing it even though it doesn’t really make sense.  It would also work if they said you need to put the wipers on before pressing open!

• Like 1

Several years ago we had a thread about "surprise functions" such as these.

As noted, none should be surprises as they are in the manual...

Have used this for years but yes as I drive down my road if I have to slow for a badly parked car the roof stops halfway.... would love to know what pin to bend on the relay to disable that safety feature.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Terryg said:

I'll try the one touch without using the opposite button but I don't think it works on mine.

It’s like you have to hold it for a quarter of a second instead of just flicking the switch. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

Several years ago we had a thread about "surprise functions" such as these.

As noted, none should be surprises as they are in the manual...

Have used this for years but yes as I drive down my road if I have to slow for a badly parked car the roof stops halfway.... would love to know what pin to bend on the relay to disable that safety feature.

I reckon that’s buried in the coding somewhere.  I had a quick look in the developer mode PIWIS yesterday but couldn’t see a parameter for “min one touch speed” but there are settings for max speed for roof operation and also different settings for spoiler raise and lower speeds so I think I am in the right place - just my schoolboy German and Google translate and wine couldn’t find any potential candidates.  

would be interesting to know if that can be configured by coding since it seems an odd thing (I assume it’s some kind of safety thing re getting your own or someone else’s fingers trapped but why “8”’mph - surely “if moving then one touch “‘would be enough.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Paul P said:

I reckon that’s buried in the coding somewhere.  

Perhaps under Heck SG

Verdeck Grenzgeschwindigkeit fur Offnnen im Tastbetrieb (Top limit speed for opening in touch mode)

Verdeck Grenzgeschwindigkeit fur Schlieben im Tastbetrieb (Top limit speed for closing in touch mode)

Edited by iborguk