Porsche Boxster Virgin

Porschevirgin1968

There is a lot of good stuff there. With the coil overs, within reason you can adjust how you want and if it’s out of the realms of adjustment you are looking for, they can be revalved and/or springs changed. I do like the centre console on that. Looks like a custom one with a small cubby hole. 

On 7/27/2023 at 4:29 PM, iborguk said:

Bodywork needs attention.

Airbag light looked to remain on.

Also I think there was a convertible top position error on the dash and a little judder as the roof stowed.

Saved me a journey, no service in last 4 years and 24k miles. He will knock money off though to cover service. Lol. 

49 minutes ago, Porschevirgin1968 said:

That looks pretty good.  Do you have space for the hard top?  Sell for £500 (silver doesn't get to £750 he claims) and that appears to make a good value buy.  Nice wheels, but costly to refurb.  The hood is an after market with glass screen, not a genuine Porsche 2003 onwards facelift hood retro fitted. Just go through the service history and be prepared to spend several hundred quid on things that might not have been done, if they have, bonus!

7 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

That looks pretty good.  Do you have space for the hard top?  Sell for £500 (silver doesn't get to £750 he claims) and that appears to make a good value buy.  Nice wheels, but costly to refurb.  The hood is an after market with glass screen, not a genuine Porsche 2003 onwards facelift hood retro fitted. Just go through the service history and be prepared to spend several hundred quid on things that might not have been done, if they have, bonus!

The condenser needs doing on the air con and the wheels and the wheels need refurbing, but it looks well cared for. No heated seat. But as I said previously heated seats are not a deal breaker for me. 

10 minutes ago, Bike Loon said:

You really need to settle on a model and gearbox type (as someone said earlier in the thread) it will make your search much easier.

I'm like a kid in the sweet shop, Boxster S for sure, manual or Automatic I've driven both now. Good well cared for cars with low mileage and good service records are hard to come by. I enquired about one yesterday in Liverpool advert went on yesterday was sold by time I got out bed at 3pm. 

5 minutes ago, Porschevirgin1968 said:

I enquired about one yesterday in Liverpool advert went on yesterday was sold by time I got out bed at 3pm. 

I’ve had hangovers like that too.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bike Loon said:

With all due respect, a 986 Tip is a world apart from a 987 manual.

To be fair, 987s really only came on the scene because of some over priced 986s.  OP started out looking at 986 Tips.

Always suspect of these type of sales - why spend £20k on it and then go and sell it for a huge loss? wheels need refurbing as well, they aren't immaculate as described, the outer rims are corroded and blown over, you can see that in the photos - surely you'd do those properly as part of the works

It does look clean though

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

Always suspect of these type of sales - why spend £20k on it and then go and sell it for a huge loss? wheels need refurbing as well, they aren't immaculate as described, the outer rims are corroded and blown over, you can see that in the photos - surely you'd do those properly as part of the works

It does look clean though

I have just said to myself exactly the same, why spend 20k on a car then sell it.