981's holding very well...

steve7

Not sure, been trying to sell mine for 6 weeks or so had a few enquiry’s but no viewings.

comes with a Porsche warranty as well!

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202304296816012?atmobcid=soc4

1 hour ago, martyn said:

Not sure, been trying to sell mine for 6 weeks or so had a few enquiry’s but no viewings.

A private sale at that sort of money is always going to be a waiting game for the right buyer, lovely looking car though, I'm sure the right buyer will turn up eventually 👌

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, martyn said:

Tricky isn’t it - so many good things about your car. But I guess the beige will have a limited appeal - and folks want everything for nothing - PSE / PASM / Sport seats / paddles etc… 

Saying that I’m sure someone will come along and value the mileage / length of ownership / low owners / warranty aspect - great cars the 981S.

GLWTS.

Edited by Andy Mac
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, martyn said:

Drop the price by 2k for a faster sale. 
People go on holiday in August, then summer is over. 
Good luck. 

Edit - six weeks is probably not so bad, you might choose to wait a bit longer, but it tells you it's not competitively priced. I'm just thinking that for a fast sale it is a gamble to wait much longer, which would not be the same as if you had advertised it like this in March. You can judge your own sense of urgency :) 

Edited by Menoporsche

I paid that for mine from a prestige dealer having been looking for nearly a year.

Same mileage/year/reg '14 model.

Sports steering wheel, extended leather, PDK, PSE, DAB, PASM.

I think (personal preference only) that the lack of paddles, and interior colour, will put some people off at that price and I was specifically looking at grey or blue cars.

Unless prices are rising for 981s I think it might be a bit high, though the extended warranty might help. No offence intended.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cozzykim said:

I paid that for mine from a prestige dealer having been looking for nearly a year.

Same mileage/year/reg '14 model.

Sports steering wheel, extended leather, PDK, PSE, DAB, PASM.

I think (personal preference only) that the lack of paddles, and interior colour, will put some people off at that price and I was specifically looking at grey or blue cars.

Unless prices are rising for 981s I think it might be a bit high, though the extended warranty might help. No offence intended.

Non taken, WBAC and motorway prices have dropped a bit over the last month. Only responded to OPs post with my experience of prices.

I Am considering Motorways offer of nearly 31k hope for 32 and cancel the OPC warranty and get back circa £700 for that. So that is pushing 33k and no aggravation with a private sale. Equally I may keep for another year! Decisions decisions!

• Like 1

Your car is lovely, but I unfortunately I think it is overpriced by a few £k for a private sale. 

I bought a similar vintage lovely  example BS earlier this year as a  private sale from @JurassicBGTS with 35k miles on it and with all the extras one could want, (PDK, 20" Carrera classic wheels and new tyres, PSE, PASM, Sports Chrono, Bose, Sports Plus seats, paddle steering wheel etc etc ) plus full OPC service history and 2yrs OPC  warranty remaining and (arguably) in a more desirable colour combination of GT silver ️ and Carrera red 🔴 extended leather interior for similar.

I felt I paid strong money, but a fair price  as it came with great provenance and the 2yr OPC warranty was a great reassurance  / selling point.

With the added bonus that  @JurassicBGTS was a Gentleman to deal with  👍❤️ and Mrs @JurassicBGTSmade exceptionally grand bacon butties!! 😂👍❤️

Edited by moonshine
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, moonshine said:

Your car is lovely, but I unfortunately I think all 987’s &981’s are overpriced by a few £k for a private sale at the moment, dealers even moreso 

Corrected for accuracy 🤣

Sits back and eats 🍿

Edited by r1flyguy
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, martyn said:

Non taken, WBAC and motorway prices have dropped a bit over the last month. Only responded to OPs post with my experience of prices.

I Am considering Motorways offer of nearly 31k hope for 32 and cancel the OPC warranty and get back circa £700 for that. So that is pushing 33k and no aggravation with a private sale. Equally I may keep for another year! Decisions decisions!

You can cancel an OPC warranty? My 981 that was written off last month still has five months left on its OPC warranty. 

12 minutes ago, bandit_287 said:

You can cancel an OPC warranty? My 981 that was written off last month still has five months left on its OPC warranty. 

Read the cancellation section here. Looks like you might be able to get some full months back.

https://www.porscheretailgroup.co.uk/binary/getasync/f39049c6-352c-4ac0-be80-049de628ee76/porsche approved warranty terms and conditions.pdf

17 hours ago, moonshine said:

Your car is lovely, but I unfortunately I think it is overpriced by a few £k for a private sale. 

I still haven't advertised mine, was going to do it a couple of weeks ago but as I can't find anything better without spending masses more than intended on top then I'm not even sure I'm going to bother now.

One thing that I did pick up though, obviously private sale prices are always less than a dealer.  But if it's got a transferrable Porsche warranty on it then to my mind that's a better proposition than the shoddy warranty booklets that most dealers sell to you for significant profit (it's not out the goodness of their heart or obligation).

If I were looking to buy then that's how I'd see it anyway, and if I ever get around to doing an advert then it's something I'd mention.  I probably missed the boat for this year's summer uptick as per @Menoporsche comment.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, cozzykim said:

An OPC warranty should be worth a premium if you're buying used privately. 👍

It was for me.

Having 2yrs Remaining OPC warranty gave me a  significant degree of comfort in my private purchase.

People have got used to strong prices and are still basking in the theoretical high value of their cars after the dealer's price-hiking frenzy a couple of years ago. They will continue to try and talk the market up and keep prices high but it won't stay that way for much longer.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, cozzykim said:

Moral of that story, don't put your car for auction on ebay. 😬

I think that's the cheapest I've ever seen, potentially the highest mileage as well but that still seems a keen price as they should shrug off the miles to some extent.  However, what did catch my eye was this one in the box underneath.  I wouldn't want that particular car but I do love a funky colour... used to have a poster which I think was a 993 (a few decades ago so forgive me) in this colour.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/285361846140

5 minutes ago, moospeed said:

I think that's the cheapest I've ever seen, potentially the highest mileage as well but that still seems a keen price as they should shrug off the miles to some extent.  However, what did catch my eye was this one in the box underneath.  I wouldn't want that particular car but I do love a funky colour... used to have a poster which I think was a 993 (a few decades ago so forgive me) in this colour.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/285361846140

I wonder whether it's a much more liveable colour under the wrap?