981 Mileage difference value

moospeed

Missing a vital piece of information - what are the mileages of the 2 said Boxsters?

There appears to be a huge price drop at 100k miles, so if you are considering a car at 80k vs 50k, i'd suggest you have more room in the lower mileage car to maintain the value than the 80k car.

As others have said as well - that 2k difference could easily be eaten by one big bill, so i'd be looking closely at the recent bills and history to check all the usual "big" jobs have been done and then compare again.

3 hours ago, Topbox said:

I'd rather have the money in the bank and get the car serviced by my preferred garage. But I would also go colour everytime and in the scheme of things 2k is not a lot, seems a shame you are only going to do 3k miles a years though. The sports chrono is manic, I have it.  As we know its daft on the road, although I like the look of the equally daft clock things in the middle of the dash. This post has, I suspect, been quite useless to you and just repeats what others have said. Er don't you already have a sexy yellow 981 ? Don't come here for miffed missus advice whatever you do. 

Yeah that’s it, I’ve got a very well optioned and freshly Porsche serviced and warrantied car.

For the SC I tried the launch control once. Other than that I would only press it in manual mode (it’s stupid in auto on the road) for if I was after a shortcut to toggle the PSE, PASM, etc. My Sports+ button is the least worn out.  I wouldn’t miss it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mattman42 said:

Missing a vital piece of information - what are the mileages of the 2 said Boxsters?

There appears to be a huge price drop at 100k miles, so if you are considering a car at 80k vs 50k, i'd suggest you have more room in the lower mileage car to maintain the value than the 80k car.

As others have said as well - that 2k difference could easily be eaten by one big bill, so i'd be looking closely at the recent bills and history to check all the usual "big" jobs have been done and then compare again.

Yeah I’ve done about as much “due diligence” as I can think of, on paper I’m as confident as I can be with a few minor reservations, as expected with any used car.  Both are well under six digit miles btw. 

19 minutes ago, moospeed said:

Yeah I’ve done about as much “due diligence” as I can think of, on paper I’m as confident as I can be with a few minor reservations, as expected with any used car.  Both are well under six digit miles btw. 

Where does that leave the thinking, you nudging towards one of the options ?

37 minutes ago, iborguk said:

Where does that leave the thinking, you nudging towards one of the options ?

In terms of what I've read about them both they both appear equally excellent with a couple of niggles.  For me there's never been a car without niggles so it depends how much it would bother me.

The feedback here has actually been helpful so thank you all, the next step is physically going out in them and go with the gut feeling along with all the other factors.  They aren't the only possibles on the list, but if I get either of them I shall of course add pics 😁

• Like 3

On 8/3/2023 at 2:43 PM, moospeed said:

In terms of what I've read about them both they both appear equally excellent with a couple of niggles.  For me there's never been a car without niggles so it depends how much it would bother me.

The feedback here has actually been helpful so thank you all, the next step is physically going out in them and go with the gut feeling along with all the other factors.  They aren't the only possibles on the list, but if I get either of them I shall of course add pics 😁

One of them wouldn’t happen to be the red 981S in Milton Keynes would it? 

On 8/4/2023 at 4:58 PM, RS Grant said:

One of them wouldn’t happen to be the red 981S in Milton Keynes would it? 

It wasn’t no, I had contacted on that one, can’t remember what happened but I didn’t like the wheels much tbh.

My car went on Friday. I went shopping on the Saturday.

Bought the low miler.

Prior to starting this thread, as I mentioned I couldn’t decide on the value of the mileage difference. But having seen them yesterday it was worth every penny extra. The one I’ve bought feels almost like new, still has that quality to it, and poking around underneath with a torch things like the suspension components are still clean 😮

No claim was made about “dry use only” but judging from what I was seeing it’s certainly not been “weathered”.

It was monsoon conditions all the way driving back so I’ve instantly ruined it. And I intend to keep on ruining it by trebling the yearly mileage at least.

I’ll do a proper post about it soon.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Menoporsche said:

But you never let us decide if it’s a better colour than the yellow that just went :( 

Take it back, we haven’t finished here. 

It isn’t a better colour. But it is a different colour. It’s not grey. 

18 hours ago, moospeed said:

It isn’t a better colour. But it is a different colour. It’s not grey. 

Time to change your ' My Ride' then. Looking forward to pics; loved the Yellow one on that Welsh trip.