PADM on back order?? Any information please.

Topbox

A PADM has failed on my car. The independent it's in with advise the part is currently unavailable and on back order with no delivery date available. Anyone else experienced this or has more information? Thanks.

4 minutes ago, iborguk said:

Current part number is 981 375 059 09 at a cost of £1400ish.

They've gone up a fair bit then, cost £923ish inc VAT a couple of years ago when I did mine. Also interesting to see 2 further revision since I bought mine

51684682300_61c303fdc6_c.jpg

• Thanks 1

Have seen a number of posts going back a few months saying that they were on back order/not available due to the part being redesigned - but then over the last few weeks a slew of posts saying parts are back in stock and cars are being fixed.

Suggest talking direct to an OPC or two - I think your Independent is perhaps a bit out of date.

8 minutes ago, JurassicBGTS said:

You can of course keep driving the car until you get a new one,  as they just revert to the hardest setting if they go.

I thought they reverted to the softest setting as it's normally the pressure sensor failing to ground that causes the failure and as such the system wouldn't know how hard to set the mount was if it had failed. From driving mine with a failed one I could also feel that it wasn't set to the firmest settings.

But, yes you can drive with a failed one without issue, unless you need an MOT then it's a MOT failure I believe due to the warning on the dash.

• Thanks 1

Thank you every one. Having tried ringing a couple of OPCs without a pickup I have emailed  my local OPC who say they will email again tomorrow  with info.  Given these parts have a bit of a reputation for failing, think a used one would be a false economy. That is on the assumption new ones have at least a years warranty. I'll update the thread with wait, costs etc  in due course.

21 hours ago, CMA said:

I thought they reverted to the softest setting as it's normally the pressure sensor failing to ground that causes the failure and as such the system wouldn't know how hard to set the mount was if it had failed. From driving mine with a failed one I could also feel that it wasn't set to the firmest settings.

But, yes you can drive with a failed one without issue, unless you need an MOT then it's a MOT failure I believe due to the warning on the dash.

Not according to posters on the PCBG forum, they revert to firmest, but no personal experience fortunately.

40 minutes ago, GTSMarky said:

I didn't really notice how dead the car felt until I drove it with x2 properly functioning units again.  Yes you can drive it, but there is a discernible difference in the way the car feels.

Are they not meant to fail / default to teh sports (hard) setting? I can’t see the car would feel less alive with them failed to teh sports setting

So PADMs are on back order, and have been for a couple of months, availability has not been announced. Can only be ordered from an OPC by a recognised Porsche service outlet, not necessarily an OPC. So I have been quoted a price for parts and labour and paid a deposit at a local Porsche Indy. Price quoted is £1091.39 P&L inc. VAT

Had a quick look at how Porsche Active Drivetrain Mounts work. Info seems a bit skimpy, the best link I have posted below. Seems In Sports Plus mode they stiffen up as the engine revs increase to help with cornering stability but allow more comfort at lower speeds when they are less "active".

Technology explained: Porsche Active Drivetrain Mounts - Total 911

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moonshine said:

Are they not meant to fail / default to teh sports (hard) setting? I can’t see the car would feel less alive with them failed to teh sports setting

Maybe, but the lack of interaction from them is significant.  The Porsche designers/engineers do things for a reason..