Lovely spots

McDonald

6 hours ago, daytona74 said:

nope 😁 but its personal individual taste 🙃

1 hour ago, Davey P said:

Sorry, but they look bloody horrible - But, of course, each to his own I guess 👍

Ha Ha - there are endless changes to my car that you guys are likely to find unpalatable - head over to my running report, you'll find all of them in there 🤣

But no detailing/polishing :whistle1:

• Like 2

I think that should say "sadly nut detailing/polishing" 😉

I'm with Map, I've always added/removed or modified what every I wish on my cars.  Not know for being a lemming with my taste.

Once had a fellow MLR (Lancer Register) want to punch me for a mod I'd done on my car, he said I didn't deserve the car !

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/8/2023 at 8:31 AM, Patt said:

I think that should say "sadly nut detailing/polishing" 😉

I'm with Map, I've always added/removed or modified what every I wish on my cars.  Not know for being a lemming with my taste.

Once had a fellow MLR (Lancer Register) want to punch me for a mod I'd done on my car, he said I didn't deserve the car !

I'm still on the MLR, although it's largely dead in the water as a forum now. I remember it getting somewhat boisterous on occasion. I tested a couple of intercoolers that I'd bought with my own money against the standard item and measured the intake temps at the throttle body and intake manifold. It developed into a 20 page freestyle bloodbath with everyone and his dog kicking off about the way I'd gone about it, even though a guy with a background in thermodynamics was arguing that I had actually gone about it the right way. 😆

On 12/7/2023 at 3:12 PM, Davey P said:

Sorry, but they look bloody horrible - But, of course, each to his own I guess 👍

Definitely personal taste, saw this one at the Gaydon meet - my mate who usually has similar opinions to me said much the same and was questioning why anyone would “ruin” a car like this.

I could see the appeal myself, more so if the rest of the car was filthy or abused in some way - if it looked like it hadn’t been washed since it left the Sahara then great.

32 minutes ago, moospeed said:

Definitely personal taste, saw this one at the Gaydon meet - my mate who usually has similar opinions to me said much the same and was questioning why anyone would “ruin” a car like this.

I could see the appeal myself, more so if the rest of the car was filthy or abused in some way - if it looked like it hadn’t been washed since it left the Sahara then great.

Are you referencing this car?

G8M02fM.jpg

If so fair enough - there are a plethora of changes to the car that have folk doubting and sometimes vehemently disliking. That’s cool, it wasn’t built for anyones’ likes but mine.

In terms of cleanliness - I agree, better to see a car that’s progressed and pootled than simply polished - this car is usually covered somewhere in this spectrum of road use filth:

1ZLfg0f.jpg

aDJwSJe.jpg

K4EeYQ0.jpg

V19c8Vo.jpg

8hr progress (Calais to Courmayeur) carnage - the aux driving lamps would’ve have helped on that run  

wNo8uDS.jpeg

There are plans to increase the lighting resource on the car - including some incorporated on the RTS. As and when they’re added I’ll update this thread.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

That’s the cookie :) 

map is there any functional or aesthetic reason the spots are very yellow? I find them incongruous on a millennial car. 

Thank you for asking:

Yellow lenses reduce reflected glare in wet or misty conditions at night time. This increases distance and detail visibility which makes it safer to pootle in those conditions  

So their colour and low height make them ideally suited for the soupy conditions found ooop norf.

This pair are switched: with main beam, off or on. This means I can use them without out the car’s own lights being on.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not a 987 and no affinity knowledge or experience of the manufacturer (other than he seem to like throwing a 996 around in the snow) but given recent chat about spot lights and cameras etc.  

found on a random Facebook 996 group.  

Edited by Paul P
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Paul P said:

Not a 987 and no affinity knowledge or experience of the manufacturer (other than he seem to like throwing a 996 around in the snow) but given recent chat about spot lights and cameras etc.  

found on a random Facebook 996 group.  

Am in contact with him. Will update as I learn more. 

• Like 1