Thinking about selling my 987.1 3.4s 2007 6 speed manual , Guards red .

Arl30

That time of year again ! 

Browsing ads & still hankering after a M2 Comp , I know it is not a Porsche but a bit more practical than the Boxster but every time I go out in the Boxster it gets back under my skin , what else will give me the thrills for the money ? sorry no I don`t want an electric car I like the noise too much until my other ear gives out .

Suggestions please ?

If you've got an itch; scratch it, but remember the saying 'Act in haste, repent at leisure.'

Edited by ½cwt

do a Palmersport track day with their M2's and see how much you like it - its an awesome bit of kit when you are pushing on, but can be a little plain on the daily drive.

Oh and the correct answer - have both! :)

Edited by Mattman42

9 hours ago, Arl30 said:

a bit more practical than the Boxster but every time I go out in the Boxster it gets back under my skin , what else will give me the thrills for the money ?

This place went through a spate of Minis about 2010-2015, lots of people thinking they were a fun hatch. Can probably pick an old one up for a couple of grand now?

Hi suggestions other than a M2 comp we have several classics in the family so the Boxster hardly gets used , X5 , 3 series touring and a 2 series coupe make up the fold so adding another BMW is not really what I want as it already looks like a BMW dealership !

Wait, and you're thinking of selling the Boxster for something "a bit more practical"? When you have a Touring and an X5?

Does Not Compute.

Admit it, you're just bored, and want to be talked out of it.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Arl30 said:

Hi suggestions other than a M2 comp we have several classics in the family so the Boxster hardly gets used , X5 , 3 series touring and a 2 series coupe make up the fold so adding another BMW is not really what I want as it already looks like a BMW dealership !

we need budget here - if you already have a 2 series coupe, why do you need another?

If you are looking up to £40k - the usual suspects would be a 991, TTRS, Exige, Maserati GT, AM Vantage

Hi both sons cars touring and 2 series coupe , X5 is for the dog . The budget was going to stretch to a new M2 but selling house for a bigger drive , 944 on way (sons ) I bought it for him as a present as bought the other son a Jensen so double garage is full as already had a Jensen Healey in their .

Thought about an Aston but more of a Gt , TTrs just a bit too safe and tramline  , 991 wide not as wide as a 992 but not far off  , Exige have 2 lots of trouble usually serious cars , Maserati heart attack if anything goes wrong .

Quite fancy a 1M , Z4M coupe or a 997 4s would have loved an Alfa but too unreliable ,  car market is still all over the place , prices are still high we buy any car are a joke but most traders seem to use that as a guide to trade in then look through the yellow pages to pick a number out for retail ( yes really that old ) . Long gone are the days of reasonable priced cars with average mileage even BMW.CO.UK had a 69 plate 3 series GT last week on their site with 169k miles these would normally gone to a back street trader not a prestige dealership . 

That`s why I am struggling to find something else , I may even store the Boxster and lease something .

Just been for a blast along Pooley Bridge -  Glenridding road ,  roof down , Aviators on & for once it was quiet need Shell garage next it like to drink !

Bottom line, only you can decide what you want.

I need to step up my own usage game and whilst I think about getting rid every time I get it in it puts a smile on my face.

Good luck with whatever you decide.