Insurance Gone F**king Mad

r1flyguy

Its that time of year again and to say i'm p*ssed at the state of Insurance policies is an understatement.

Considering all the driving experience/courses and qualifications I have, Full NCD, limited usage policy (3000 miles/year), security, access to other car/motorbike, my policy renewal has jumped by nearly £400! :thumbsdown_anim:

FFS, is that how insurance companies treat you these days for NOT claiming and the car being 1 year less in value :sad01_anim:

Had a browse through some of the suggestion on here, but with No tracker fitted I only get so far through some of the repetitive quotation forms.

So far quotes range from £470 (without Breakdown & legal cover) up to £1200 !!!

Grove & Dean seem to offer the best package with everything thrown in at £537 which is basically what i paid last year.

Some of the quotes are just plain silly, offering a price but with no cover of anysort, i.e windscreen, legal, breakdown, Personal Accident

Tried policies with and without 'er indoors on and the quotes vary, even with her 1 little bump and couple of years ago without her on the prices are higher, unfortunately she had another little bump recently and decided not to incude her on the policy (by her request :rolleyes_anim: )

Anyone know a good insurers whom they have used recently ??

Tried Admiral £1264+ :suicide_anim:

Swinton £900+

Web Sponsor (but they only do phone quotes and i'm not in the UK at the mo' so doubt they will phone me!)

Cheers All

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aviva £1218 :sad01_anim: and that includes 2 months FREE :rolleyes_anim:

We're having to pay more and more each year for the consequences of the cheating scumbags who drive around uninsured.

It's actually not just them, but those who do claim for personal injuries too, etc... Companies have to reclaim their losses (if there is ever such a thing with Insurance companies)

They should quote you on your previous years insurance and non claim rate and those who have claimed for fault issues should have to bear the brunt not us :thumbsdown_anim:

Cheers Tony, will do.

Anyone add to the list please?

My car insurance is due for renewal soon and Swiftcover look to be the cheapest. After that it's the admiral group who I have used for a few years with Bell direct coming out cheapest of their subsidiaries.

I tried all the comparison sites in may/june and they all came out a lot more than last year, a couple of days later I got a call from these guys:

http://www.mayfaironline.co.uk/

A few members tried it and said it was expensive, but it might be worth a call as well as online quote.

I ended up paying £3 more than last year

ecarinsurance wanted a big hike (like an extra £600) for two cars. I ended up taking one car off the policy and went with More Than on the VXR8. £450 for the stripped policy, £475 with legal cover.

I ended up taking one car off the policy and went with More Than on the VXR8. £450 for the stripped policy, £475 with legal cover.

My quote £802 :thumbsdown_anim:

In May I renewed, and Admiral were the cheapest. About £400 fully comp.

Tried Admiral £1264+ :suicide_anim:

A-Plan Insurance

Chapel Court

Thatcham

Berks

RG18 4QL

Telephone

01635 874 646

Ive been with these guys for about 4 yrs after Boxsey recommended them to me - Good luck

Direct Line £972 :thumbsdown_anim:

Search via insurancechoice

best price £935

Worst £6405 :laugh: I kid you not

Adrian Flux?

Just submitted a proposal form with them, so shall call them in the morning and chase it up

Adrian Flux?

Just submitted a proposal form with them, so shall call them in the morning and chase it up

In June I changed from More Than to Aviva via the Post Office website and paid £380 protected NCD

Aviva were miles cheaper for me than anyone else, but I now have three cars and my house insured with them.

With the age of your car your policy cost should be pretty low by now. Something must have happened to the weighting of your postcode to throw it like this. All very odd.

Aviva were miles cheaper for me than anyone else, but I now have three cars and my house insured with them.

With the age of your car your policy cost should be pretty low by now. Something must have happened to the weighting of your postcode to throw it like this. All very odd.

Something is not right that's for sure, it's so annoying to be penalised for no reason.

Just going to check PO website for a quote :thumbsup_anim:

Adrian Flux?

In June I changed from More Than to Aviva via the Post Office website and paid £380 protected NCD

Post Office Quote £689 with the wife included, £930 without !!!! :suicide_anim:

Archived