Red seat belts fitted (Pics)

Mike G

They look awesome! :rocks: Well, I would say they wouldn't I :)

Seriously, they look really good against the grey interior :thumbsup_still:

1 hour ago, Jason986S said:

Looks great. Don't see red against grey leather too often either. 

Agreed, the red and grey look great together, and your seats look like new!  Are they original to the car?

1 hour ago, Daniel Joseph said:

Agreed, the red and grey look great together, and your seats look like new!  Are they original to the car?

Yes , the original seats  :mellow:

Thank you for the positive feedback so far , I had hoped they would be well received  :D

My only error was , I switched the ignition on whilst I had at least one of the pre tensioners un plugged and it triggered the air bag warning light which I got reset by my local indie this afternoon for a drink   !!!

39 minutes ago, Mike G said:

Yes , the original seats  :mellow:

I'm very impressed at just how how well Porsches wear,  provided they are properly looked after.  My 987 was pretty much "as new" at ten years old when I sold it to a friend,  who continues to enjoy it as much as I did. I would put this down to really high quality materials being used in their build.  I hope that more recent models will age just as well, now that VW's bean counters control the purse strings.  Interested to see what my 981 will look like in 2025  (better than me, probably...☺)

1 hour ago, Daniel Joseph said:

I'm very impressed at just how how well Porsches wear,  provided they are properly looked after.  My 987 was pretty much "as new" at ten years old when I sold it to a friend,  who continues to enjoy it as much as I did. I would put this down to really high quality materials being used in their build.  I hope that more recent models will age just as well, now that VW's bean counters control the purse strings.  Interested to see what my 981 will look like in 2025  (better than me, probably...☺)

Yes agreed, I had a 987 with sand beige sports seats and the quality was exceptional....  to be fair my car has been looked after by its previous owners and I don't think much of the car has been exposed to sunlight as its clearly been garaged a lot of its life. There is minimal bleaching on black trim, if any.

Added to which it is quite low miles for a 986 at 42000...........  and almost as young as a 986 can be

Mike

11 hours ago, geraintthomas said:

Where did you get them from mate? I have a black boxster with graphite grey interior like yours, and was really interested to see how they'd look. This just confirms how awesome they are :)

Thanks mate  !

Heres the link.... they are top money but the ones I got were perfect and if you go to his website ,he does freepost and they are a bit cheaper.

Also , he will send you a return label to send back you're black belts as a trade in for £ 50.00

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Porsche-Red-Seat-belts-Boxster-986-/191906259933?hash=item2cae8123dd:g:uDkAAOSwaB5XiSGF

That's where I got mine from and they were perfect too. I think the price is reasonable considering new ones are over £500 and these are almost as good as new.

As for trading in the black ones, I would have thought they'd fetch £100 elsewhere (like eBay)

1 hour ago, CliveH said:

As a side note, I just boarded a plane and guess what!?

FE8C7340-CC9A-408C-82E4-16BDF432D086.jpg

Look good with the red stitching :) 

Shame , the seat and belts a bit big to smuggle off in your hand luggage  :D

12 hours ago, geraintthomas said:

Where did you get them from mate? I have a black boxster with graphite grey interior like yours, and was really interested to see how they'd look. This just confirms how awesome they are :)

Something else worth remembering Gerain,  pre facelift cars have the belts without the belt tensioners linked to the airbag system and vice versa

Last time I looked the Ebay seller I linked to, had bothe available but was getting low

Mike

They look good makes mine look really old in comparison,  will have to do a search on "how to clean seat belts" 

Guvs.

1 hour ago, boxsternoob56 said:

I have GT Silver and the silver belts...look out my thread for pics and comments on the belts

Not sure how well they'd go on Cocoa though

Archived