Blue/silver/grey

I'd like either-

black/red/white/yellow/red :)

Si

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, that does look nice :)

Cridfords OPC in Surrey have quite a few 981's in stock, which I'm gonna try and go to Sunday

just a note before you do id check its had its 2nd service (cost 1k) and tyres have life in em or that cheap car is gonna be expensive

warranty wise id get someone to check it for overevs as it would void any warranty. other than that its good to go, did you bid them 750 off the asking?

I've been doing my usual window shopping and these are my colour choices, in order of preference

Orange

Riviera/Voodo Blue

White

Agate

Yellow

I was also thinking of popping down to Cridfords, and planned to see how far it was from The Parrot as I'm in there on Wednesday.

That's a very similar list to me Patt.

Have also been window shopping the 981s. Even that Red / Blue interior one for 25k they can't seem to give away (reckon there's a deal there to be had - if you could live with the combo).

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201606275304766?atmobcid=soc4

My 987.2 has its mot at OPC Cambridge a week today - going to use their 981 for the weekend whilst that's  being done.

Should serve as a good like for like comparison (I haven't driven a 981 for a while) see if it goes in the garage etc and is worth the extra 12k ish price hike.

Written the advert for my as I can anticipate using one for a few days is only going to go one way! ?

2 minutes ago, Andy Mac said:

Even that Red / Blue interior one for 25k they can't seem to give away (reckon there's a deal there to be had - if you could live with the combo).

They may have to give it away.  It's so wrong on every level.

2 hours ago, Patt said:

I've been doing my usual window shopping and these are my colour choices, in order of preference

Orange

Riviera/Voodo Blue

White

Agate

Yellow

I was also thinking of popping down to Cridfords, and planned to see how far it was from The Parrot as I'm in there on Wednesday.

eeeassh your brave ;) i had a yellow loaner and it got the wrong sort of attention. I love Riveira blue but if your peacocking with a wild colour it has to be an exotic car imo spyder would potential quality

OMG ! and even has a dark blue roof.

too many shades of colour in there - even the silver plastic on the seats looks out of place !

negotiate down and use the savings for a profession to die/paint ??

not sure "peacocking" is quite what I'm after.  Just fancy a more bold colour.

I've always loved a burnt orange colour, but agree it has to be the right sort of car and I feel the 987 & 981 can pull this off.

Equally I nearly bought an Evo VII in the very similar "French Blue" I think it was called.

The majority of my car history has been white cars with the occasional Black or gun metal grey slotted in.

Nearly bought a yellow Caterham many years ago, but bought a red one instead.

Someone once said to me "be brash, you can get away with it in a Porsche"

11 hours ago, toocan said:

eeeassh your brave ;) i had a yellow loaner and it got the wrong sort of attention. I love Riveira blue but if your peacocking with a wild colour it has to be an exotic car imo spyder would potential quality

That's funny, as I drove a yellow 986 for 15 years, and initial I thought it might get that sort of attention, but in the event I would say the extra attention it did get was about 95% positive - several times I had people coming over in car parks to compliment the car, even abroad. And as a bonus, I found that cars ahead on the motorway moved out of the way before I even got close. Silver just doesn't do that ..

Deposit now placed on a good spec 3.4s in white, manual, sports chrono pack etc, travelling down to collect thurs /Fri .....excited is an understatement! 

Si

1 hour ago, mrbikerdood said:

Deposit now placed on a good spec 3.4s in white, manual, sports chrono pack etc, travelling down to collect thurs /Fri .....excited is an understatement! 

Si

did you go for the one at castle in the end? And Congrats im sure you will love the car!

8 minutes ago, mrbikerdood said:

Si

Well done :D look forward to seeing the pics. Will you be bringing it to the meet on the 9th at Bridgenorth

5 hours ago, mrbikerdood said:

Si

A white 3.4S..... I'm forever jealous. Sounds great with manual trans and sports chrono! Look forward to the inevitable collection photos!

Archived