Roll over hoops, colour coding.

T24RES

I had mine done by Edinburgh OPC so I don't know how they unclip I'm afraid!

As for the colour, I matched mine to the body colour, white in my case.

One tip though, it looks better if you do both sides of the hoops and the connecting piece running between them. I never understood why Porshe only paint the backs - unless you have a red leather interior, when the red fronts look fine.

i can post a picture if you would like...?

Thanks, I'm thinking about having the whole lot painted as you say, imo looks better. Just need to understand how to remove them for the painter.

And which colour, platinum silver  (body colour) or go for the aluminium look ?

1 hour ago, RBD914 v2 said:

I had mine done by Edinburgh OPC so I don't know how they unclip I'm afraid!

As for the colour, I matched mine to the body colour, white in my case.

One tip though, it looks better if you do both sides of the hoops and the connecting piece running between them. I never understood why Porshe only paint the backs - unless you have a red leather interior, when the red fronts look fine.

i can post a picture if you would like...?

I had mine colour coded, in my case Agate Grey, when the car was built. IMO it looks better than aluminium. Re Porsche "only painting the backs". On mine the back is Agate Grey and the front is the pebble colour to match the interior leather. I doubt I would have wanted all Agate Grey as it wouldn't have flowed with the interior colour scheme.

3 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

I had mine colour coded, in my case Agate Grey, when the car was built. IMO it looks better than aluminium. Re Porsche "only painting the backs". On mine the back is Agate Grey and the front is the pebble colour to match the interior leather. I doubt I would have wanted all Agate Grey as it wouldn't have flowed with the interior colour scheme.

Mine were factory colour coded Guards Red to match the bodywork, but the fronts remain black to match the black leather of the interior.  I don't think it looks odd in any way, but the alternative, with both sides painted as in T24RES's photo above, also looks very nice.  I guess it's just a matter of taste (and the specific colours involved).

5 minutes ago, Simo_UK said:

How much are the OPC charging for this? Ballpark?

I wouldn't have it done at the OPC, they'd probably send it out anyway. 

RBD914 v2 may be able to give an OPC price for his hoops.

12 hours ago, Daniel Joseph said:

Mine were factory colour coded Guards Red to match the bodywork, but the fronts remain black to match the black leather of the interior.  I don't think it looks odd in any way, but the alternative, with both sides painted as in T24RES's photo above, also looks very nice.  I guess it's just a matter of taste (and the specific colours involved).

I agree with Dan.

mine is sapphire blue as the photo above but the inside is black such that when the roof is up the interior is all black and coordinated.  I think it makes a big difference to the roof down look(improvement).

To be honest I think Porsche should be painting these as standard, let's face it, is anyone not going to want it if given the choice?

44 minutes ago, missile said:

I would take your car to your chosen body shop. They will be able to remove and refit the hoops and side flaps.

Thanks, having tackled an IMS bearing on the drive I'm sure I can get them out. Just after someone who had removed them before to save me breaking any tabs etc. 

My usual paint guy will take care of the painting. 

On Friday, September 30, 2016 at 11:44 AM, Greenman said:

I agree with Dan.

mine is sapphire blue as the photo above but the inside is black such that when the roof is up the interior is all black and coordinated.  I think it makes a big difference to the roof down look(improvement).

To be honest I think Porsche should be painting these as standard, let's face it, is anyone not going to want it if given the choice?

Me, prefer mine unpainted. 

I specified mine in body colour (just the backs) which I think works well. I think the fronts being done as well would be just a little *too* much in Lime Gold

P5171933.jpg

P1170505.jpg

I would have had red seat belts as well but they were in a different shade to the roof and clock. Perhaps I should investigate aftermarket.

23 hours ago, jayk said:

20161002_105320.jpg

I think they look like bunny ears, and stick out more if coloured which I don't like. But I'm probably not normal...lol 

Thought you may of had a black car, in which case little benefit, but IMO the hoops look great on a silver car when body coloured. Takes all sorts I guess :-)

Archived