What have YOU done to your 986 today ?

Mike G

39 minutes ago, acgtrider said:

Fitted Gt3 seats. Passenger side still to go in but mega chuffed :) 

48655078397_016d58d161_b.jpg48654932491_47cf446601_b.jpg

Superb, this is my ultimate modification. 

Is the seating position much lower with the pole positions fitted and do you feel that your any further back? They look in great condition, how did you come by them? 

Nice seats and on my wishlist for some time. an*l mode on they're not Pole Positions. Also noticed you haven't threaded the seatbelt through. 

7 hours ago, nick_johnson said:

Superb, this is my ultimate modification. 

Is the seating position much lower with the pole positions fitted and do you feel that your any further back? They look in great condition, how did you come by them? 

Thanks. I came by then by chance, someone had them fitted to their 986, after weeks of talks he decided to sell ! They are the design911 ones if I am not mistaken ! It is a bit lower but not too much ! They are bolted to original Porsche sliders so can be adjusted back and forth. 

6 hours ago, edc said:

Nice seats and on my wishlist for some time. an*l mode on they're not Pole Positions. Also noticed you haven't threaded the seatbelt through. 

Yea they are design 911 Gt3 seats ! Have the crest on the headrest which is a nice touch. Don’t worry the belt is threaded correctly through. That pic was taken as soon as it was bolted in, I was too excited to wait ha 😂.

On 9/1/2019 at 8:29 PM, some bloke said:

I fitted an ashtray-delete thing:

P1050669.thumb.jpg.f27d18e4731da72f184f4153ddd3ac87.jpg

The ashtray wouldn't stay shut and I'm a non-smoker, so it made sense.

Looks nice along with the console delete 

• Like 1

On 8/28/2019 at 1:52 PM, ThreeSheds said:

Although it's not due for a while, I'm taking mine (which Ihave owned for 1 week) for an MoT tomorrow. Fingers crossed it's ok, but after reading yours.... :(

Is the indy going to fix it or will you do your own?

Mine passed, with advisory on number plate light and anti roll bar link rubber. All pipes and underside of the car was virtually corrosion free, apart from the exhaust. The garage owner left it up on the lift so that I could have a proper look underneath, and it was GOOD! (apart from the exhausts)

Next job will be replacing the clamps and clamp bolts on said exhaust before they fall off. How can it be so clean everywhere else while the exhaust bolts are almost gone?

9 minutes ago, Rotaxmax said:

Probably didn’t do mine any good but I took it on a track day

What app/software & camera you using for the in video data? 

And why is it in kph?

looks good fun though :)

Car booked in for a re-map. Interestingly, Dean at eporch said that it had already had a map in it !!

His guys were confident that there was still a performance gain to be had, and if I was not happy with the outcome, they would re-install my old map and refund the cost.

Couldnt really drive it much today, as I had to go to work after they had done the map. But, the car does feel a bit livelier off the bottom of the throttle opening, so guessing the torque increase comes in much lower down the rev range.

Time will tell, but positive at the moment. A forthcoming track day at Thruxton will give me some answers.

15 minutes ago, Steve Laming said:

Car booked in for a re-map. Interestingly, Dean at eporch said that it had already had a map in it !!

His guys were confident that there was still a performance gain to be had, and if I was not happy with the outcome, they would re-install my old map and refund the cost.

Couldnt really drive it much today, as I had to go to work after they had done the map. But, the car does feel a bit livelier off the bottom of the throttle opening, so guessing the torque increase comes in much lower down the rev range.

Time will tell, but positive at the moment. A forthcoming track day at Thruxton will give me some answers.

Come join our run to the Nürburgring on the 16th to 18th :)