What have YOU done to your 986 today ?

Mike G

17 hours ago, Huw_L said:

After receiving the aforementioned parts, I spent 30 mins or so fitting them and now have 7 CDs worth of music ready to listen to on the way to work tomorrow.

Thanks for the multichanger Chris. 👍

My pleasure, glad you now have a working system.  Guess it must have been plug & play if only 30 mins.

Enjoy.

Yep.

Plugging in the CD changer to check it worked = 1 minute

Removing spare wheel, frunk trim & existing metal bracket before fitting changer & bracket & refitting trim/wheel = 29 minutes

:)

So today I got aligned and boy does it feel good! 

which it needed after having a new shock.

so good I decided to up my rim game...

Now we have:

a winter set (17s) with n2 rated contis 

a B road Summer set (16s)  with Pirelli and Goodyear A rated wets front and back respectively 

And a summer(track) sticky set (18s) current on Pilot Sports but looking to go more purposeful (AD08/R888r/trofeo🤔)

a good day for Bambi then💪🏻

Edited by Mr96er
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Mr96er said:

Now we have:

a winter set (17s) with n2 rated contis 

a B road Summer set (16s)  with Pirelli and Goodyear A rated wets front and back respectively 

And a summer(track) sticky set (18s) current on Pilot Sports but looking to go more purposeful (AD08/R888r/trofeo🤔)

a good day for Bambi then💪🏻

Outstanding day! Was the alignment one of your 5 per year? I love you have 3 sets of wheels! I store my winters in my Mother's garage.... must get those fitted soon. So wish I had a set of 16s! My winters are Bridgestone Weather Control A005, which I highly recommend and very reasonably priced. 

6 minutes ago, stevemag said:

Well

Fitted the hardtop......winter is here!

Fitted second set of wheels as the set on the car are coming off for refurbishment 

But I'll still be able to use the car ( weather conditions permitting 😃)

I'd love a hard top for mine... I would also, however, get extremely frustrated when we have a sunny winter day and not being able to pop the roof down. Anyway congratulations on fitting it, not a job for one person, unless you're the size of George North!

13 hours ago, GmanB said:

I'd love a hard top for mine... I would also, however, get extremely frustrated when we have a sunny winter day and not being able to pop the roof down. Anyway congratulations on fitting it, not a job for one person, unless you're the size of George North!

Me and htmbo

No problem it's only 25kg

Clips straight into place.

2min job 

Even quicker to remove

Edited by stevemag

Washed and waxed as i wasn't happy with the crappy wax i put on last time, it just didn't bead at all. I then had the stereo i fitted (a "factory reconditioned" unit off ebay) a couple of weeks ago go on the blink. As luck would have it, i have another sony here, so literally a 2 minute job to switch them out and prove it's the stereo rather than the wiring. I've contacted the seller, we'll see what he says.

1 hour ago, Liberty said:

Guess that’s not easy but very cool 😎 

It's not easy when the only tool you have is a hammer. But oh so cool when you turn the key and see the countdown to your oil level for the first time in over a month. I can't tell you how pleased I was to see that again. The time is good also some times. 

Booked in for a clutch at RPM in Knaresborough. It's just starting to whoop a little if you apply too much throttle at 2k revs. 

Had a great discussion with the service manager and will probably need a DM flywheel and crank seal while they're in there. 

MOT is due the end of November so they'll give that a look over as well. 

I live a few miles away so it seemed the logical place to go. They've got lots a very nice cars to look at. 

Currently fitting a clutch DMF and RMS, to a 2004 2.7, I've bought will then service it , tidy up a few areas( bits of trim ARB bushes, exhaust manifold bolts etc)

Then once happy it will be up on here for sale.

On 10/30/2019 at 8:31 AM, bally4563 said:

Currently fitting a clutch DMF and RMS, to a 2004 2.7, I've bought will then service it , tidy up a few areas( bits of trim ARB bushes, exhaust manifold bolts etc)

Then once happy it will be up on here for sale.

Pics please!! 

What have i done to my car today? Spent money on it haha.... booked in for new front brakelines, new gear cables, and a much needed service... 730 quid... judging that i'm the other side of the world and cant' drive it for another 6 weeks,.... that hurt! haha

2 hours ago, Araf said:

Love those wheels.  Is the car better, going up to 17s? :) 

I certainly like the feel of these. Hard to tell how much of that is new rubber, winter rubber and wider rubber. What part sidewall plays and weight difference.

im certainly happy with them.