What have YOU done to your 986 today ?

Mike G

1 hour ago, dunks said:

Did some programming on the kenwood aftermarket stereo , instead of showing the kenwood logo on start up it now shows the Porsche logo in the first picture and then once booted up it shows the 2nd picture

STERIOSTARTUP.jpg

STERIOSCREEN.jpg

Very good 

Will I haven't personally done this, Lee and his technician did but:

Meyle rear toe arms

Meyle front control arms

Meyle top mounts and bearings

Meyle front and rear coffin arms

4 corner geometry for the second time in a week...

New fuel cap

Rusted heat shield removed

Edited by Cheddar Bob
Spelling

Today's Task, fitted switch to raise and lower spoiler,  The light flashes when the spoiler raises , the light stays on constant when the spoiler is fully extracted 

SPOLIERSWITCH.jpg

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dunks said:

Today's Task, fitted switch to raise and lower spoiler,  The light flashes when the spoiler raises , the light stays on constant when the spoiler is fully extracted 

SPOLIERSWITCH.jpg

Having it flash when raising is a good idea but would drive me mad if it was on all the time when the spoiler was up.

1 hour ago, the baron said:

Having it flash when raising is a good idea but would drive me mad if it was on all the time when the spoiler was up.

Would be just like having the door locked light on...you wouldn't really notice unless you looked at it.

1 hour ago, Sanky said:

Would be just like having the door locked light on...you wouldn't really notice unless you looked at it.

Exactly, I never lock the door as the red light drives me crazy

I think on the 986 you may well need a plug in to accomplish, but please check all your onboard options if you have the PCM you can do this on the dash.

The 981 is in the menus so owner can set.

From memory you have three choices.

The Auto lock is effectively an anti-hijack  

10 hours ago, V6reu said:

Do you need Porsche diag to program them not to lock ? 

Porsche Workshop diag tool or Durametic - there’s a map for forum members with a Durametric who are able to help folk needing to recode/enable/diagnose.

Have a search for that thread and see if there’s anyone near you - think it may even be a “sticky”.

31 minutes ago, map said:

Porsche Workshop diag tool or Durametic - there’s a map for forum members with a Durametric who are able to help folk needing to recode/enable/diagnose.

Have a search for that thread and see if there’s anyone near you - think it may even be a “sticky”.

Here's the Google Maps link:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1SSNZ1m2xmQVoTSy4WGEnUuDm9Tk&ll=53.089388235053804%2C-1.5218729468610945&z=6

Member's names are tagged in the list to show plug in diagnostics.  Just PM them through the forum.

1 hour ago, some bloke said:

Which bulbs did you go for V6?

They are the Philips x-treameultinon gen 2

the beam image on the garage wall looks really good