What have YOU done to your 986 today ?

Mike G

Paintless dent removal guy had a go on the 986. A whole £20 later and the tiny ding is gone!

Then went for a drive with the change pumped into the fuel tank around the Somerset B-roads. 

Then I washed and polished it before putting on it's indoor cover in the garage.

Stopped outside a mid-renovated house, one I nearly went in on buying last year. Which if it wasn't such a wreck I would have! It's like a god damn castle.

102CDBCA-AC86-4864-892A-9DB908B95A90.jpg

Post wash & polish

3F1F8319-5889-4A5D-BF78-931F567409CD.jpg

Wheels cleaned and tyres treated

EB53EF05-0D44-4B94-B831-005CDDCCB2B7.jpg

I also picked up the Mustang (in laws) after a 2 day paint correction and ceramic sealant application. We told Ford not to prep-polish it, but they didn't listen, so it's now spot on thanks to Owain @ Mad About Detailing. Roof is also proofed too with G tecnic.

04E008CC-8699-4087-ACD3-A853FF1E2B11.jpg

Edited by Jason986S

27 minutes ago, Sazzy said:

Got the code reader on it yesterday, P2098. Turned it off. Think my nearside cat is dying. Not feeling the boxster love much lately. :guiltysmiley:

You will next weekend :thumbsup_anim: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sazzy said:

Got the code reader on it yesterday, P2098. Turned it off. Think my nearside cat is dying. Not feeling the boxster love much lately. :guiltysmiley:

Got the same code coming up every 150/200 miles, i just delete till it come up again, everything seems to be working fine

Got my Onboard computer turned on after ftting stalk and wiring . Works perfect, very happy to have tried to sort it. Just need to get a front external temp sensor and hope theres a plug dangling behind bumper:huh::huh:

4 hours ago, 986 Davie said:

Got the same code coming up every 150/200 miles, i just delete till it come up again, everything seems to be working fine

This is the first time it's come on for me. I know it is 02 sensor related most of the time, but my n/s cat has developed a death rattle ?

I'm trying this FM transmitter out whilst I'm waiting for my radio removal keys to come through the post.  

https://www.amazon.co.uk/CHGeek-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Wireless-Hands-free/dp/B06Y4KL9LB/ref=cm_cd_al_qh_dp_t

It's got a car finder, which means it's always on.  I'm suspicious of this, I think it's going to drain the battery.  It's going to be returned back to Amazon ultimately and I'm going to be using an iPod Cable hooked up to back of the CDR-22.

61qfrJFVIiL._SL1000_.jpg

28 minutes ago, Patt said:

If you wanted to pop over to Bracknell, I have the hifi keys you could borrow

That's real kind of you Patt, also gives me an excuse to stretch the legs.  I will PM you.

Gave it a quick wash ready for Beaulieu but as we are going down Friday chances are it will be a bit mucky come the day. Wondered what reaction I would get if

I painted the calipers pink!

5 minutes ago, Jason986S said:

I've ordered a few bits online that hopefully mr postman has delivered today (a few packages for me to arrive home to tomorrow as working away tonight).

All will be obvious at Beaulieu.

Is it some of these exhaust pipes?  That will be quite obvious! :shutup:

takeyari-japan-s-crazy-bamboo-spear-exha

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Topbox said:

Gave it a quick wash ready for Beaulieu but as we are going down Friday chances are it will be a bit mucky come the day. Wondered what reaction I would get if

Give it a try.......i'm taking a camera so i'll look out for you!?

3 hours ago, Topbox said:

I'm pleased to read this as mine is sparkling right now but won't be after coming up from Cornwall, and it's worrying me!!! All the cars in the YT vids are immaculate :worried: ??

9 hours ago, Sazzy said:

I'm pleased to read this as mine is sparkling right now but won't be after coming up from Cornwall, and it's worrying me!!! All the cars in the YT vids are immaculate :worried: ??

A few people were cleaning cars during the event. I was off enjoying the other cars

47 minutes ago, Southy said:

A few people were cleaning cars during the event. I was off enjoying the other cars

I can only do my best. It's gone off today to have it's wheels done as I would be too embarrassed to take it with the state they were in. I hope to god they'll be ready in time, the guy assured me they would on the phone, but now he didn't sound so convincing!!!! :o:o

2 hours ago, Sazzy said:

I can only do my best. It's gone off today to have it's wheels done as I would be too embarrassed to take it with the state they were in. I hope to god they'll be ready in time, the guy assured me they would on the phone, but now he didn't sound so convincing!!!! :o:o

I can't believe you have done that for Beaulieu!  You are taking this seriously :shutup:

What if they are not ready, you might have to come with it on four space savers if you can borrow some...

6D7D540B-D26F-4CCC-8F05-1B39CC2AB17F_zps

• Like 2