What have YOU done to your 986 today ?

Mike G

On 6/10/2017 at 11:19 PM, spic said:

Also fitted some 20mm spacers all round to fill out the arches and widen the stance a little, overall a great result as I fell back in love with the wheels again ? the spacers really change the look of the car in my opinion. 

No wheel rub on full lock? I've got 16mm spacers on the front of mine (with 235mm rubber) and it rubs quite heavily on lock.

Luckily avoided damage!

On my way back from the dentist I found myself behind a tractor and tanker. Next thing I know three metal parts come flying off the back, exhaust parts I think, flip under the tankers wheels and up and across the road.

If I had been closer my car would've definitely seen some serious damage I think. Lucky :mellow:

done nowt to 986 but did buy a new vip mobile sim   of course the number  has 986 in it

Hi guys,

4 new tyres Michelin PS4, brake discs and pads replaced, calliper piston replaced and new sensors as well, hand brake shoe replaced (which was causing a brushing noise while driving).

Since all of this wasn't expensive enough, I got all four my alloy wheels refurbished with new centre caps as well.

by boxster should be fine for while :)

cleaned the pollen off the windscreen and threw her into an MOT station.

Not had a chance to even test the brake lights or fill up the washer bottle.  fingers crossed....

59 minutes ago, Patt said:

cleaned the pollen off the windscreen and threw her into an MOT station.

Not had a chance to even test the brake lights or fill up the washer bottle.  fingers crossed....

The old girl will be fine!

You've not been here long enough - this is Molly we are talking about !

If there is the slightest chance she can whinge , moan, rattle, or break  - she will !

Some of my Le Mans friends have started calling her Trigger's Broom

• Like 6

Shown some love to my Boxster so had the following done:

New rear Bilstien shocks, springs and ancillaries checked for wear

1 Front and 1 rear coffin arm replaced

New disks and pads on the rear and rear brake pipe

Replaced a leaking gearbox selector seal

Four wheel alignment

Replaced my old manifold studs with stainless steel (luckily only 3 snapped bolts) and studs to cats with stainless and brass

Replaced my stock manifolds with new stainless Toyo sports manifolds- (no more exhaust blow)

Driving back from my moms last night around 9pm dual carriage way, national speed limit - football sized rock in the middle of the road only missed it as I was changing lanes, gave me a big scare! - pushed hazards on as I was being followed by a few cars saw someone pullover so hopefully they moved it.

Southy - that sounds scary. Don't get me started on the state of  the UKs roads.

I live in Marlborough and the local roads were voted worst than Romanian farm tracks. No wonder everyone has Range Rovers.  

8 minutes ago, Southy said:

Driving back from my moms last night around 9pm dual carriage way, national speed limit - football sized rock in the middle of the road only missed it as I was changing lanes, gave me a big scare! - pushed hazards on as I was being followed by a few cars saw someone pullover so hopefully they moved it.

So your contribution to the 'What have you done to your 986 today?'  thread is ... soiled the drivers seat?  :P

Seriously though I have had that happen to me when driving my last 5 series a couple of years back, I actually hit it and drove over it as it was to the side of the road, narrow country road, double whites in the middle of the road and other cars oncoming so I could not avoid it.  I stopped looked, could not see anything too bad but drove straight to the BMW garage in Bridgwater as I had a 200 mile journey to do and I was not going to risk that with a potentially dodgy tyre at Motorway speeds.  No damage found but the noise it made when I hit was horrendous.

Anyway sounds like you had a lucky near miss, gets the old heart going so you know you are alive! :)