What have YOU done to your 986 today ?

Mike G

Got eporsch to fit new rear control arms. Feels a lot more planted now.

Gave a quick rinse to get rid of the filth from their yard. 

Removed PSE switch (that isn't connected to anything).

Tried to route cables for AutoTop Arduino DIY project and failed. Need to do some homework on removing the centre console to get better access. 

Got the whole of the lower centre console out last night and then put it all back again. Found the battery was getting weak without it being driven and the roof going up and down a bunch, so jump started it and took it for a 'spirited' drive.

Seems a lot better behaved under pressure now the rear link arms are new. ;o) Very happy smile when I got home again.

I gave mine the, "look back admiringly" glance as I jumped in the Audi almost reluctantly this morning to come to work...

I'm going to smile as I turn in and see her parked up proud when her new boots on! 

Got busy with the soldering iron after deciding to do something about my low speed fans on both sides not working. Using the link/guide I found on this forum to swap the OE ballast resistors for the much cheaper RS component. 

Passenger side done tonight, driver's side tomorrow night (hopefully....)!

• Like 1

I'd not advise that ! - you'll only make it worse as the compound will create more fine scratches. You'll seem then as soon as the sun gets low, and you'll not see much else.

You need a pukka glass compound and pad - Meguiiars do one if you want to attempt polishing out defects in glass.

2 hours ago, Patt said:

I'd not advise that ! - you'll only make it worse as the compound will create more fine scratches. You'll seem then as soon as the sun gets low, and you'll not see much else.

You need a pukka glass compound and pad - Meguiiars do one if you want to attempt polishing out defects in glass.

Thanks @Patt

Do you mean Meguiars Scratch X? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Meguair-s-ME-G10307-Scratch-2-0/dp/B0006ZXUAG

Do I apply it with the drill as well or...?

2 hours ago, Patt said:

This is what I am thinking... 

meguiar.jpg

I've been searching, but can't remember what site I saw it on and it's not listed on their commercial site either.

This is basically the same product though:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Windscreen-Polishing-DIY-Repair-Kit/dp/B001RAQGXC

And try the 3M friends & family discount (it doesn't work on everything) 15% off using:

15MMM17

On 30/08/2017 at 10:50 AM, Patt said:

I've been searching, but can't remember what site I saw it on and it's not listed on their commercial site either.

This is basically the same product though:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Windscreen-Polishing-DIY-Repair-Kit/dp/B001RAQGXC

And try the 3M friends & family discount (it doesn't work on everything) 15% off using:

15MMM17

thanks!

Ended up ordering this and a couple of meguiars cutting pads http://www.argos.co.uk/product/4645777

Today done debadging (by hand) with Ultimate Compound - the glue was a bitch but pretty happy with the result. Will give it another pass with the polisher when it arrives and post some before / after..

JE2ZJLI.jpg

vbJtKaa.jpg

xORBwCn.jpg

Sg24mqH.jpg

• Like 1