What's better than a respray?

Mr96er

So I've got this lacquer peel on my clamshell that @Boxstachimp keeps giving me shayate about. It's a little unsightly, I admit and so I thought hmm £140 for a respray seems pricey for the matchbox sized offending area. 

This is where Santa ? entered the story and allowed me to find a pristine original painted clamshell on eBay for £15! 

388470BF-F423-4476-B44D-34D2F2A3D9BB.jpg

Suffice to say, it's in the boot coming home with me now! 6 nuts off and on and I've got a problem solved! And surely I can sell my clamshell for £15 eventually! So it cost me a fiver in ⛽️ 

Result ?

Thanks chaps. 

Thinking I might consider what, if any other option might look good, now I've got a panel to practice on... Chrome sprang to mind. At that point I decided to list it on eBay before I get myself into trouble...?

1 hour ago, C11RJC said:

What have people had success with for getting the green algae off the roof? 

I've read vinegar is an option...

I scrubbed the canvas with Autoglym Fabric Shampoo and a toothbrush.

Renovo roof renovator is supposed to prevent it coming back.

1 hour ago, boxsternoob56 said:

Good job....just need to clean the green on your roof now :huh:

Did mine yesterday....

you have "green on your roof"! really? :):)

12 hours ago, C11RJC said:

What have people had success with for getting the green algae off the roof? 

I've read vinegar is an option...

I don't know about vinegar but milton sterilising fluid or tablets in a bucket of water then scrub with a soft bristled brush will sort it (you need to kill off the bacteria thats there or it will just come back). If you put your roof into the service position you will get too the very bottom & sides of roof you can't normally see.

HTH

14 hours ago, Chris H1AVFC said:

I don't know about vinegar but milton sterilising fluid or tablets in a bucket of water then scrub with a soft bristled brush will sort it (you need to kill off the bacteria thats there or it will just come back). If you put your roof into the service position you will get too the very bottom & sides of roof you can't normally see.

HTH

I sense a New Year's Day project to report back on... 

thanks, chap ?

Archived