3 More Sleeps!!!

Davidbf1.com

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha, as per my post in the Newbie Lounge section, titled "Howdy, newbie alert!", I've bought a fantastic GTS, Agate Grey, Red Roof. Collecting it from Swindon OPC on Saturday, despite storm Doris' plans!!!

Anyone residing within about 3 miles of the Tyne Tunnel can consider this as a warning about taking precautions to protect your hearing, as I shall be ensuring PSE is most definitively switched-on for my journey through said tunnel - likely SEVERAL times!!

7 hours ago, Davidbf1.com said:

Haha, as per my post in the Newbie Lounge section, titled "Howdy, newbie alert!", I've bought a fantastic GTS, Agate Grey, Red Roof. Collecting it from Swindon OPC on Saturday, despite storm Doris' plans!!!

Anyone residing within about 3 miles of the Tyne Tunnel can consider this as a warning about taking precautions to protect your hearing, as I shall be ensuring PSE is most definitively switched-on for my journey through said tunnel - likely SEVERAL times!!

Excellent choice!

Fantastic colour combo, (I'm biased as mine is agate although with black roof)! Don't forget to post pictures.?

28 minutes ago, Leonard said:

How many sleeps now? :D

Sorry to go OT, but were you on the MLR many moons ago..........I think we may have spoken to each other about the possibility of you buying a big valve head from me for a Corrado VR6 that I owned at the time. I've just appalled myself by doing the maths and realising that I sold that car in 2002, so your memory may need a remap!

16 minutes ago, moneypit said:

Sorry to go OT, but were you on the MLR many moons ago..........I think we may have spoken to each other about the possibility of you buying a big valve head from me for a Corrado VR6 that I owned at the time. I've just appalled myself by doing the maths and realising that I sold that car in 2002, so your memory may need a remap!

No way, very small world! I do still have the VR6...... Drop me a PM if you like let me know what you are driving now and if you still have any Corrado spares :D

1 hour ago, Leonard said:

No way, very small world! I do still have the VR6...... Drop me a PM if you like let me know what you are driving now and if you still have any Corrado spares :D

Ha, Corrado spares all long gone. I sold mine when I lived in Southampton, like I said, circa 2002. Bizarrely, whilst on holiday 2 years ago in Northumberland, 375 miles away, I saw it parked outside a hotel in the coastal resort of Alnmouth, near Alnwick, north of Newcastle where I recently moved back to. Did a double take that would have broken most peoples necks!

Mine was hideously unreliable, but if I found a late model in blackberry metallic, and could magic up some garage space, I'd have another in a heartbeat, great car to drive.

Currently running an'05 plate 987, still have my much modified Evo ( owned since 2003 ), and a 1988 MR2 Tbar. Stunned you still have that VR6, fair play.

32 minutes ago, Toeside said:

There's  a black berry metallic  Vr6 Corrado at my work ? In East Lothian :huh:

Argh, don't do that Angus, you already got me into enough trouble selling me the Porsche! :P I only got away with it by telling Claire I was just getting the Boxster thing out of my system because I had to sell the first one so soon. I wasn't planning on liking it, and more to the point, she wasn't planning on me liking it either .

Another Corrado might result in a homicide......Mrs moneypit in not sold on my car and guitar obsession. She has a very clear recollection of the trouble my last Corrado caused.

On the other hand, interested to know a bit more about this one at your work! Is it for sale?

Archived