3 More Sleeps!!!

Davidbf1.com

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All good!

will post a proper update a bit later today. Nightmare journey down, fantastic experience at Swindon OPC (and Ferrari/Maserati showroom opposite), incredible journey back!

Full details a bit later today.

so, a few pics from yesterday - just from phone-camera:

IMG_4437.jpg

IMG_4439.jpg

IMG_4442.jpg

IMG_4447.jpg

FullSizeRender%204.jpg

will post-up some words about the collection, fantastic day! And everyone's right, the pictures really don't do the colours - Agate, satin finish on the wheels, and the roof, justice!

2 minutes ago, Daniel Joseph said:

What's a Scud'or 2???

I actually made an error, I meant challenge stradalle, which is a special edition Ferrari 360 (see first floor of the dealership in the background - red ones with white bonnet stripes).

3 minutes ago, Jason986S said:

I actually made an error, I meant challenge stradalle, which is a special edition Ferrari 360 (see first floor of the dealership in the background - red ones with white bonnet stripes).

I'm seriously impressed with your eyesight, Jason!

Of course,  you're only a child...?

3 minutes ago, Daniel Joseph said:

I'm seriously impressed with your eyesight, Jason!

Of course,  you're only a child...?

Only 28, a wee nipper, haha.

The helpful hand of zooming in using an iPhone was the trick. I don't wear glasses but I'm convinced I need them and the opticians are wrong (yes I did go to spec savers)

Jason, yep - just after this photo taken, we parked my car properly and had a walk over the road. some VERY special & exotica in that site. 599's, masers, and upstairs oh lordy - a Daytona, McLaren, Ford GT40, new-type Honda NSX, and countless Ferrari's - including 3 Scuderia's, couple of Challenge Stradale's too! back downstairs in the "used" section, a "Magnum PI" 328GTB, F40, a few 612's and lord knows what-else - ask my lad who came with me, he was wetting his knickers about a brand spanking Ferrari in the showroom which I think was a 599, and the plaque on the dash said 1 of 599 - HOW much must that exact vehicle be worth!

Some lucky bod was collecting a Pagani Zonda F yesterday, it was all set up ready. 

Ho-hum, we ambled back over to my Boxster for the trip home!

7 minutes ago, Davidbf1.com said:

Jason, yep - just after this photo taken, we parked my car properly and had a walk over the road. some VERY special & exotica in that site. 599's, masers, and upstairs oh lordy - a Daytona, McLaren, Ford GT40, new-type Honda NSX, and countless Ferrari's - including 3 Scuderia's, couple of Challenge Stradale's too! back downstairs in the "used" section, a "Magnum PI" 328GTB, F40, a few 612's and lord knows what-else - ask my lad who came with me, he was wetting his knickers about a brand spanking Ferrari in the showroom which I think was a 599, and the plaque on the dash said 1 of 599 - HOW much must that exact vehicle be worth!

Some lucky bod was collecting a Pagani Zonda F yesterday, it was all set up ready. 

Ho-hum, we ambled back over to my Boxster for the trip home!

Beautiful, covetable and valuable certainly, but not one of them will be as much fun to drive on our crowded, narrow roads as your new Boxster.  (The new ones are too wide and the classic ones are too fragile.)

1 hour ago, Daniel Joseph said:

but not one of them will be as much fun to drive on our crowded, narrow roads as your new Boxster.  (The new ones are too wide and the classic ones are too fragile.)

Listen to this man for he speaketh the truth.

You're right Daniel, some of the Fezza's seemed ridiculously wide when stood in front.

The Porsche has been a dream since I was six, finally got it. The Ferraris, McLaren, Pagani etc all incredible to see, but  as useable and certainly not even remotely possible as daily drivers - not that my Boxster will be, but it could if I wished.

Archived