Cayman rear end on a Boxster?

mwmackenzie

Can this be done?  I was wondering if the rear bumper and spoiler of the Cayman can be fitted to the Boxster and more specifically, if the 987.2 Cayman rear can be fitted to a 987.1 Boxster.. Has anyone on here tackled such a project, I've tried the search function with no joy.

Cheers

Mark

I recall a conversation a few years ago with Russ up at Revolution.  changing 987.1 to 987.2 is a LOT of work and cost as it's panels and lights that need changing.

Ed has already covered the Cayman question, it looks great IMHO, and a mod I would do if I were a 987 owner.

Happy to look further into 987.1 if that's straight change without lights etc.  Not wanting a balache for not much change/difference ;)  I just like the Cayman rear spoiler better 

Hi Mark,  While looking for a picture to remind me what a 987.1 Cayman spoiler looks like, I stumbled across this:

http://www.planet-9.com/987-cayman-and-boxster-modifications/111458-diy-987-1-987-2-rear-tail-conversion.html

May or may not be of interest to you. :)

Pretty sure Araf put a Cayman spoiler on one of his Boxsters, he put a rear bumper on as well but all I remember about that was the paint pulled off when he removed the. WRAP :)

GOOD LUCK finding the post as he does post a LOT ;)

1 hour ago, EXY said:

Pretty sure Araf put a Cayman spoiler on one of his Boxsters, he put a rear bumper on as well but all I remember about that was the paint pulled off when he removed the. WRAP :)

GOOD LUCK finding the post as he does post a LOT ;)

:P

Half way down the first page in the below thread. :)

I looked into doing the 987.2 swap but it was just too involved for my liking. The cayman swap was easier and I like the mini ducktail look better than the smooth 987.1 rear. I did nearly source a Boxster Sport rear bumper but that fell through so when a good Basalt black cayman bumper came up I had to have it. 

Not to everyone's taste with the rear stripe but I like it.

33350846830_ae1ae150d8_z.jpgIMG_0005  

The rear spoiler was from Porsche Heaven and was already the right colour, the bumper was from fleabay. What I found funny is that the amount of damaged rear bumpers with parking sensors to ones without is about 10 to 1 :lol:

I think this is the best shape spoiler ever for the Boxster.

Exhaust%20tips%20007_zpsvptbbu3u.jpg

I love the way it curves down at the ends to hug the ducktail off the boot, but I might be a bit bias as it is standard on all Sports Editions.

20150530_122912_zpsvmnekybm.jpg

20150530_122845_zpsfx633rnz.jpg

Guvs.

I bought my parts new from Porsche - but it was 10 years ago, so prices have probably increased.  I did start with a £50 ebay bumper but it really was trash.  There's a good reason why they are ditched, when a new PU from Porsche was only £350 at the time.  IIRC the spoiler complete cost me about £100 at the time, then I just had painting to be done.  Still cheaper than the Tequipment solution that Guvs has - though I would have gone with that if it had been under 4 figures.

17 hours ago, Guvs said:

I think this is the best shape spoiler ever for the Boxster.

Exhaust%20tips%20007_zpsvptbbu3u.jpg

I love the way it curves down at the ends to hug the ducktail off the boot, but I might be a bit bias as it is standard on all Sports Editions.

20150530_122912_zpsvmnekybm.jpg

20150530_122845_zpsfx633rnz.jpg

Guvs.

I'm with you on that! ?

@Jason986S @mwmackenzie

Thought about it but on the SE the diffuser it all one part of the bumper, (moulded) I would have to take the whole bumper off to get it into a tank just to get the small part water transferred.

I quite like it colour coded to the car anyway.

Guvs.

7 minutes ago, Guvs said:

@Jason986S @mwmackenzie

Thought about it but on the SE the diffuser it all one part of the bumper, (moulded) I would have to take the whole bumper off to get it into a tank just to get the small part water transferred.

I quite like it colour coded to the car anyway.

Guvs.

I would just wrap the flat sections between the vanes black personally. The red colour coddling does look smart mind.

Archived