faded plastic

niceone

Depends which lights? 

Rear lights try a bit of fine cutting compound, Meguries ultimate is ideal. If that isn't doing the job try a medium cutting compound. Always seal it up with some wax or sealant.

Try the same on the fronts ideally with a da or rotary polisher, but you can do it buy hand.

If the fronts are green or looking cloudy try the Autoglym headlight restoration kit, easy to use and very effective.

8 hours ago, red rocket said:

Buy it direct.https://www.owatroldirect.co.uk/product/polytrol/ You can get a small trial pot which contains plenty to do scuttles etc etc.

Ideal, just ordered a pot, I don't actually need it yet - but for £5 it can sit in the garage until I do need it :) 

• 5 months later...
On 2/4/2018 at 9:20 PM, niceone said:

to late i have just ordered 500l cost 17,80 posted

500 litres for £17.80!! Put it into 1L bottles and sell it to us for a £5 each and you're onto a winner!!

• 2 weeks later...

Used Polytrol 2 years ago on my scuttle, still looks great now, it goes a very long way so your small bottles should be fine. I think it is a marine product so designed for much tougher environments than we use it in.

Polytrol.  For the scuttle I used a small art brush to put it on and work between the dimples in the scuttle.

A very small bit will do the whole car !

2 hours ago, Patt said:

Polytrol.  For the scuttle I used a small art brush to put it on and work between the dimples in the scuttle.

A very small bit will do the whole car !

Me too. Bought the £5 tester tin and it's going to last for years.

I had a small bottle of polytrol but I couldn't find it when I went to do my scuttle last week, but remembered reading somewhere on a forum that WD40 works well, and it does :lmaosmiley: :) so yet another thing it's good for and a lot cheaper than the likes of Polytrol/GTechniq C4.

Guvs.

Archived