981 S minor service

Adamsky

Does the car indicate when the next service is due, or do I need to keep track of the service book myself? It's tricky to try and keep track of servicing, MOT, tax, insurance, brake fluid etc on three cars! 

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Greenman said:

In the multifunction display

Vehicle - Info - Service Interval

i can’t remember when (or if) it actually remainds you when a service is due, but you can have a look here. Note - what it is telling you is not the most intuitive.

Ah ok, thanks. Will double check. 

From what I remember it gives visual prompt for an approaching service in the binnacle. I've only seen it once when the car was new as I have filters and oil changed every year as in a previous post.

Just checking my car and it was last serviced in January 2017 at 39,500 miles. It’s not on 50k miles and nearly two years on, so I assume it will be due a service in January. 

It has a intermidiate service at 2 years old, then a maintenance service at 4 years old. Now it’s a 6 years old will it just need another intermediate service again? Plus brake fluid? 

the binnacle will tell you but its dependent on the computer being reset when last serviced (I'm sure I've had computer flag a service incorrectly before), personally I'd refer to the dealer stamp in the book instead as that should be present and definitely correct (and the book of course tells you whats due interval wise too of course)

13 hours ago, Greenman said:

Six years (on time) should be , Minor service,  Brake Fluid,  Engine Air filters (if not done at 4 years), polyrib belt change.

Thanks. It had spark plugs, air filters and drive belt check at the last service. 

I've been quoted:

Minor service - £495

Brake fluid change - £95

Air filter and drive belt replacement - £273.92

Total - £863.92

All inc. VAT. 

I note the service and brake fluid change are in line with the fixed price servicing. Is the drive belt and air filter change price reasonable? 

15 hours ago, Greenman said:

Six years (on time) should be , Minor service,  Brake Fluid,  Engine Air filters (if not done at 4 years), polyrib belt change.

And PDK oil change too I believe (If you have PDK box that is)

Just now, djy said:

Looks easy. Quite a nice job to do, shame it's under warranty and I can't do it myself! 

As long as you use Porsche Parts (buy from OPC and keep paperwork) You don't have to use the OPC for any servicing to maintain warranty, just need to use Porsche Parts.

4 hours ago, djy said:

I've been quoted:

Minor service - £495

Brake fluid change - £95

Air filter and drive belt replacement - £273.92

Total - £863.92

All inc. VAT. 

I note the service and brake fluid change are in line with the fixed price servicing. Is the drive belt and air filter change price reasonable? 

Hi, suggest you get a quote from Precision Porsche at Uckfield. They have quoted me for exactly the same scope and it's about £100 cheaper. I have been using them for a few years now and can thoroughly recommend them.

• 3 months later...

It's time for the four year service and we have decided to extend the warranty, I have been quoted £767 for the service, £281 for spark plugs and £120 for the brake fluid, a grand total of £1168.

Talking to the OPC the Porsche fixed price servicing deal finished in 2018 so it may have been possible to get a better deal by ringing around, living where we do the nearest OPC is seventy miles away so that does come into the equation.

On top of this the bill for the 111 point check £216 and the two year warranty extension at £1475, we are limited to beans on toast for the rest of the year ;)

Plus tyre sealant replacement, check the service price includes poly belt check, it likely won’t include engine air filter replacement so if you want that it will be another £100ish (air filters are scheduled for 6 years so you don’t have to change them).

You should be able to get a reduction on 111 pt check as most is already included in Major Service.

Following on from my previous service estimate, my alternative OPC in this part of the world has offered a price which undercuts the earlier estimate by over £300, they will check the belt as part of the service and say they use the Porsche fixed price servicing, something doesn't ring true with the tale I had earlier.

The new price is £630 for the major, £95 for the brakes and £150 for the plugs, £875 all in. It certainly pays to ring around.

1 hour ago, tailslides said:

Following on from my previous service estimate, my alternative OPC in this part of the world has offered a price which undercuts the earlier estimate by over £300, they will check the belt as part of the service and say they use the Porsche fixed price servicing, something doesn't ring true with the tale I had earlier.

The new price is £630 for the major, £95 for the brakes and £150 for the plugs, £875 all in. It certainly pays to ring around.

This is pretty-much what I paid end Nov 18 for my BTGS for 4 year.  Spark plugs were a recommendation went ahead and had them done whilst it was in, with 21,000 miles on it at the 4 yr mark, had the drive belt inspected - ridiculous that this isn’t part of the service and other inspection points (why would it be when they can lift another 95 quid). 

My warranty is up at the end of this year: my current thinking is that the car will be 5 yrs old (just about) and PDK & PASM/Sports Chrono equipped (so some big ticket items to fix if they went pop, the dynamic engine mounts being something I’ve read about on this forum on a few vehicles) so I’ll renew this time for 2 years, but very ossicle won’t at the 7yr point, we’ll see.

i had cruise retro fitted at the same time, so the final bill was a bit more!, though I got a decent price for the cruise.

I am glad I checked around, strangely enough all my local (not so) are jct600 so it is puzzling that such a price discrepancy can occur.  As a reference for others the best price is at Teesside.

On 11/30/2018 at 11:03 AM, CMA said:

As long as you use Porsche Parts (buy from OPC and keep paperwork) You don't have to use the OPC for any servicing to maintain warranty, just need to use Porsche Parts.

I thought they have to be fitted by a vat registered company?

Just as a point of reference, OPC Tonbridge Kent, have quoted me £775 for the minor service, brake fluid, drive belts and air filter. They also have Porsche courtesy cars, but you do need to book quite a long way ahead to get one...

Seemed very reasonable to me.

Archived