981 S minor service

Adamsky

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything I've read online says 6 yrs or 60k. OPC I Bought it from said next service it is due PDK fluid change, which would be the 6 year service. Local OPC says the same when I asked them.

I've not got my service book to hand to check in that as I'm away at the mo.

What source do you have that says first change only after 120k or 12 years? That's when the second change would be due based on my reading.

32 minutes ago, Greenman said:

This suggests it’s at 12 years

Sounds like the usual Porsche service confusion. Anything in the service book indicate what is required?

13 hours ago, boxtastic said:

Is yours a 987?

Nope it was a 981.  Maybe I was too quick to do this or mis-read the user manual but even so it was relatively inexpensive at my local Indie.

Personally, I'll be getting Revolution to do mine at the next visit.

She's only done 35K in 4 years, but I prefer to over maintain and the cost of a couple of oil and filter changes far outweighs the cost of a gearbox once the warranty expires.

Remember there are two sets of fluids for the pdk. 

Clutch and Gearbox  

on the 987 clutch is every 6 so you will get a double whammy at 12 which is what the 981 will have  (clutch and gearbox ) 

if you are changing early in that window might help the wallet to stagger them  

On 4/1/2019 at 8:27 PM, boxtastic said:

From my service book.

2012 981-S

DB7E9FD1-1882-463C-8994-0EF4023BC4BD.jpeg

I stand corrected. Just checked and my book says the same. Both PDK clutch and gearbox oil to be done at 12 years. nothing before that for PDK.

Wonder why Leicester OPC told me it was 6 years? Could there have been an advisory update for preventative work meaning it should be done earlier? They knew they wouldn't be doing the work so had no reason to blag it

On 4/7/2019 at 10:39 AM, CMA said:

I stand corrected. Just checked and my book says the same. Both PDK clutch and gearbox oil to be done at 12 years. nothing before that for PDK.

Wonder why Leicester OPC told me it was 6 years? Could there have been an advisory update for preventative work meaning it should be done earlier? They knew they wouldn't be doing the work so had no reason to blag it

I guess they assumed it was the same as the 987.2 and didn’t check. As others have said it’s not the worst mistake to make and it’s not (on the scale of things) particularly expensive.  I just got mine done at OPC for less as part of a catch up along with plugs belt engine air filter and “air bag check” 

Fluid change was less than £200 as part of the above.  

In my case I would say the box is slightly better in traffic and a bit smoother on the downshifts but it wasn’t bad at either in the first place.  

Archived