Creating (buying) my 987 GTS style interior (as requested)

MH82

So. After considering the possibility of upgrading to a 981 GTS I decided that the cost was too much considering the likely gain, so as such have decided to give my 987 a bit of GTSness (on the inside at least).

As a car that has the leather interior plus the leather PDK surround I wanted to do something that was sympathetic but that also brought he rest of the interior up a notch. Particularly the rear centre console which as a big piece of (now quite tatty) plastic really brought the car down.

Initially I considered the Porsche tequipment alcantara rear centre console, but the £1150 price without matching ashtray cover or armrest cover (and before fitting) made me search for alternative options.

It was at this point that I thought a bit more about what I wanted the interior as a whole to look like, and going after the GTS vibe made the lower dashboard an obvious place to start (they have those potentially on 997 GTS/GT3). At which point I thought that everything south of the (faux) aluminium trim on the dash (and below the gear lever) may be the way to go.

Only later did I get upsold on the gear lever and steering wheel to match what would now be an alcantara handbrake.

Now, the job isn't quite complete but I'm expecting to pick up tomorrow, but in advance of seeing the final product (and then being able to sing Linas' praises (Design LS Ltd) here are some teaser pics (before and some from Linas)

Before

BeforeBeforeBefore

Teaser of rear centre console

Centre consoleCentre console

More to follow.......

Cheers, Matt

15 minutes ago, MH82 said:

Well that's the initial buzz gone. Wife's just told me off for spending on a car that she was suggesting I sell! Apparently she wants a new kitchen work top so the money should have gone towards that.

What a buzzkill......

Tell her you have just saved £30K by not upgrading to a GTS - I'm sure she will see the positive side of your interior upgrades then :P

33 minutes ago, MH82 said:

Well that's the initial buzz gone. Wife's just told me off for spending on a car that she was suggesting I sell! Apparently she wants a new kitchen work top so the money should have gone towards that.

What a buzzkill......

Tell her to be quiet and get back in the kitchen......?

Archived