986 ULEZ Compliant?

highway

12 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

Guys, please go and read the How To on this subject.  You will find most of this research has been done for you already as first hand expereince.

Oh yes I forgot about this.

I'm still a bit concerned because I have 2 x 996 outside which are both not CAZ exempt.  I have just checked and they are both still chargeable.  I suppose I could just drive round them but the proposed area in Manchester is absolutely massive and it is impossible to avoid unless you buy a Helicopter - I bet Helicopters dont have to be ULEZ.  They say the Manchester CAZ is only interested in commercial use vehicles but I dont think that will stick forever.  We should stop calling it Manchester CAZ and rename it North West CAZ because it is way bigger than Manchester.

22 minutes ago, ATM said:

Not sure how you define facelift but mine is also an 01 S, it is manual with ambers and plastic window. 

They may have used my info at DVLA [who run the CAZ system] to exempt all similar Boxsters as the CofC would be identical.  This of course assumes a level of competence which may be optimistic.

2023-02-15-08-08-53-Results-for-all-curr

I was referring to the difference between your 2001 S vs my 2003 S. The 2003 onwards has from my understanding slightly more power output of a few hp which I presume means the emissions will be different. 

Also I agree with you about them cracking down on all these types of cars is so flipping annoying. Bradford currently is commercial only but I'm sure that will soon move towards private cars too! 

12 minutes ago, fizz said:

I was referring to the difference between your 2001 S vs my 2003 S. The 2003 onwards has from my understanding slightly more power output of a few hp which I presume means the emissions will be different. 

Ok

Then someone may have gone through the process of getting their car exempt and no one has with yours.  All pre and post facelifts I assume are not EUR 4 and therefore not immediately exempt unless someone appeals to the relevant organisation.  The how to should explain this. 

• Like 1

I wonder also if there is something about "doesn't apply to vehicles over 20 years old". Only a thought. My guess is that it is as much to do with the power output. We have also seen calculations based on 5- and 6-speed gearboxes IIRC.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

I wonder also if there is something about "doesn't apply to vehicles over 20 years old". Only a thought. My guess is that it is as much to do with the power output. We have also seen calculations based on 5- and 6-speed gearboxes IIRC.

Most Porsches get better and better [lower and lower] emissions as newer models are released.  Some of the latest 911 are less than 150 quid to tax.

To be fair to TfL it can't be up to them to track the CoC data from each manufacturer. It is up to you to prove your car complies if the data is not recorded formally on the vehicle's DVLA records, particularly of it pre-dates an accepted international standard.  It is however down to them to keep the integrity of the database they maintain on compliant vwhicles and not have glitches like the OP seems to have been subject to.

On 2/16/2023 at 7:32 PM, ½cwt said:

To be fair to TfL it can't be up to them to track the CoC data from each manufacturer. It is up to you to prove your car complies if the data is not recorded formally on the vehicle's DVLA records, particularly of it pre-dates an accepted international standard.  It is however down to them to keep the integrity of the database they maintain on compliant vwhicles and not have glitches like the OP seems to have been subject to.

Just a quick update on my dealings with TFL for my 2003 "S":

I phoned Porsche and they emailed me the form to apply for the COC

I filled in the form, and received the COC a week or so later, great service BTW.

I contacted TFL with my Registration number and asking what paperwork they required for my car to be ULEZ exempt and waited for a reply. Four days later I received an email stating my car was now compliant.

They never asked for the COC or the V5 to be sent over, so I can only assume that their system in conjunction with DVLA can now change the status using the registration number.

Edited by 300SL-24

The CoC is only required for cars that fall outside of the EURO 4 timescale or do not have emissions on their V5.  If you V5 has the emissions on it but is outside V5 I believe what you did is all that's necessary.  My car is 2000 so is both out outside EURO4 and also had no data on the V5 but the CoC confirmed to TfL that the critical NOx figure was complaint, hence the car was compliant.  Very quick turnrounds for TfL as opposed to the 3 months of so messing around with CAZ/DVLA

2 hours ago, 300SL-24 said:

I rang and spoke to them over a week ago and didn't get an email with the form. I'll ring em again tomorrow.  

17 hours ago, 300SL-24 said:

Just a quick update on my dealings with TFL for my 2003 "S":

I filled in the form, and received the COC a week or so later, great service BTW.

I contacted TFL with my Registration number and asking what paperwork they required for my car to be ULEZ exempt and waited for a reply. Four days later I received an email stating my car was now compliant.

They never asked for the COC or the V5 to be sent over, so I can only assume that their system in conjunction with DVLA can now change the status using the registration number.

I have worked on some car type databases and there are a few industry standards kicking around which use some info from the VIN.  It is possible TFL use something like this.  So when you contact them about your car and they can compare its VIN or use the VIN info to see where you are in their list of vehicle types they may see you are in a group with others who have already provide their CoC.  But this is now me assuming.

I do know the CAZ system is run or maintained in some way by DVLA and therefore I can only assume that TFL must not be as the 2 are definitely separate.  So I am not sure how much info TFL can get from DVLA as there may be some GDPR type shenanigans going on.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ATM said:

GDPR type shenanigans

4 years ago I would have punched anyone at work who said that in front of me... lol

What a ball ache that was from a dev/IT dept for a public facing website! Lol

8 minutes ago, fizz said:

4 years ago I would have punched anyone at work who said that in front of me... lol

What a ball ache that was from a dev/IT dept for a public facing website! Lol

I reported a company for GDPR data breech last week.  I didnt feel proud of myself but the company sent an email to 200ish customers with everyone in cc telling them about Christmas opening hours.  I didnt even realise the breech till they sent me 2 email delete / recall request things through outlook.  That's what made me curious.  Then I saw the distribution list in the recall request too and got angry.  Clowns.  I emailed them and got all this guff in reply about being sorry.  Who sends a recall request to 200 email addresses because they realise they have broke GDPR rules.  What The Actual F.  Any business where I have worked this would be grounds for dismissal.

I got this back after supplying them with the sheet from Porsche.

"Please be advised that the evidence provided is not sufficient to confirm ULEZ Compliance at this stage"

I replied, asking them what part of 0.065 nox did they couldn't understand.  feking morons.

1 hour ago, Daboy3000 said:

"Please be advised that the evidence provided is not sufficient to confirm ULEZ Compliance at this stage"

I replied, asking them what part of 0.065 nox did they couldn't understand.  feking morons.

Note the How To.  I highlighted the section number to them to show the NOx when I submitted my CoC, not everyone can read or be bothered to work out German...

Remember you are applying as an exception to show your vehicle is compliant so the onus is on you, not them.  They could just say 2005 onwards and EURO 4 proof, so we are working on a loophole to get these cars exempted.

Edited by ½cwt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Daboy3000 said:

Who?

TFL or CAZ?

On 2/20/2023 at 1:11 PM, ½cwt said:

CAZ you will wait weeks!!

I got mine through ULEZ as discussed above and then tried CAZ. My CO2 and NOX etc are printed in my V5. Filled in the online CAZ form with a photo of the V5 and within a week it was compliant, very straightforward thankfully. Thanks for all the help I appreciate it. 

17 hours ago, 300SL-24 said:

I got mine through ULEZ as discussed above and then tried CAZ. My CO2 and NOX etc are printed in my V5. Filled in the online CAZ form with a photo of the V5 and within a week it was compliant, very straightforward thankfully. Thanks for all the help I appreciate it. 

Ive just had a look at my V5C and i also have the details needed for EURO 4 compliance. 

V.1: CO = 0.486 g/km
V.2: HC = 0.060 g/km
V.3: NOx = 0.021 g/km

Edited by fizz